Lead Software Test Engineer - Publishing
Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Lead Software Test Engineer - Publishing in WEST HOLLYWOOD,
California - Careers at CA-WHOLLY2 - 700 N. San Vicente Blvd. Skip
Branding Lead Software Test Engineer - Publishing in WEST
HOLLYWOOD, California - Careers at CA-WHOLLY2 - 700 N. San Vicente
Blvd. Skip to Main Content Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please
enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized
features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Welcome page Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log back in! Lead
Software Test Engineer - Publishing Job Locations US-CA-WEST
HOLLYWOOD Location : CityStateForPosting West Hollywood, CA
Function Software Engineering iCIMS ID 2021-15573 About The Brand
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming
television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original
channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with
major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media
companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected
TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to
watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and
trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV
has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Overview and Responsibilities At Pluto TV, we approach testing
differently -- we are testing, and breaking, code constantly, but
we help rebuild it better. Software Test Engineers (STE) design
Pluto TV's testing infrastructure and write code to examine and
validate large-scale software development and deployments. As an
STE Lead, your partnership with software engineering leads to
create and code tests concurrently with product development is
important. You build tools that help developers be more productive,
write better code and test it themselves. Troubleshooting is an
understatement; it's more like trouble forecasting. The STE Lead
will also act as a lead representative of the Software Test
Engineering Team in all publishing scrum meetings and provide
hands-on leadership work to provide better quality coverage for the
applications supported. Responsibilities Include: This is a
meaningful role with a wide range of responsibilities,
- Working in an Agile Software Delivery methodology highly
focused in creating data validation tests based on
- Providing a risk assessment on the defects identified and set
the correct priority and severity.
- Providing a holistic assessment of data quality based upon the
existing implementation vs new feature development.
- Developing and enhancing testing and defect remediation
- Leading a team of Software Test Engineers focused on testing
publishing services Basic Qualifications We believe the right
individual will have the following skills and experience in order
to be successful in this role:
- Must haves:
- Java Coding Experience
- Strong testing experience with publishing systems at scale
- 5+ years experience of leading engineers working with on-site
and offshore teams
- 5+ years of solid working experience on developing Test
automation scripts specifically object-oriented frameworks
(Selenium/Webdriver, TestNG, Java)
- 3+ years of experience in creating and executing tests using
robust api testing frameworks
- 5+ years of performance testing experience supporting
high-scale back-end systems
- Good working knowledge on NoSQL Databases (MongoDB, etc)
- Mentoring of team members on the following competencies:
- Test Automation and STE Test Automation Standards.
- Use of STE Unified Test Framework.
- Application behavior and testing techniques.
- Test coverage for application(s) supported.
- Efficient testing strategies.
- People Leadership experience
- Project Leadership experience
- 3+ years of experience leading projects with minimal
- Functional Testing on Native Apps, OTT (Over-the-top), web
platforms, a BIG plus.
- 2+ years of testing experience in an Agile Software Development
- Exposure to Agile Management tools such as Jira, a plus.
- Experience with Test Management tools such as TestRail. Options
Apply Here Apply Share Email this job to a friend Refer Sorry the
Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please
refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we
do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to
employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives,
we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should
be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to
be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action
employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity
regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed,
sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status,
marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and
Veteran status. Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, Los Angeles , Lead Software Test Engineer - Publishing, IT / Software / Systems , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!