Assembler/Tester II- 2nd Shift
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Eaton Aerospace Group located in Los Angeles, CA has an opening
for an Assembler and Tester A on 2nd shift.
This position will assemble, teardown and test routine mechanical
assemblies, subassemblies, and top assemblies of simple to most
complex product line that includes commercial and military.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
In This Function You Will
- Teardown, assembly and test mechanical assemblies,
subassemblies, and top assemblies. Ensure activities are performed
correctly and proper tooling and documentation is used. Requires
little to no supervision.
- Organize data and prepare test reports.
- Perform lock wire/safety wire and nameplate.
- Perform visual inspection, identify any defective items and
handle according to established procedures.
- Must have the ability to utilize hand tools such as, but not
limited to, pliers, wrenches, screwdrivers, arbor press, vises,
soldering iron, depth micrometers, calipers, lockwire pliers, dial
indicators, pressure gauges, flow meters, multimeters, test boxes
or specialized test equipment as needed.
- Proficient interpreting blueprints, wiring diagrams, testing
schematics, verbal, and/or written instructions.
- Material preparation including lapping of surfaces with proper
tooling techniques and compounds.
- Perform cross training when required.
- Proactively identify and help assist in process
- Conduct in-person testing as required.
- Use test equipment to perform in process testing and final
Acceptance Test Procedures (ATPs) and Component Maintenance Manual
- May retrieve items from stockroom
- May act as department representative in customer
- Adhere to operational procedures and ensure tooling is in
calibration before use.
- Maintain clean and safe work area. Adhere to all safety rules
- Other duties as assigned. May be temporarily reassigned to
cover workload in other areas of production as necessary.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds
that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company -
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent from an accredited
institution is required
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in aerospace manufacturing
- Minimum of 4 year's minimum experience in assembly and testing
of hydraulic and electromechanical actuators and working knowledge
of hydraulic test equipment
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only
candidates residing within 50 miles of Los Angeles, CA will be
considered for this position. Active Duty Military Service member
candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company
sponsorship now or in the future
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware
which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations
(ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of
ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent
Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or
- Eaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
- 6 years' assembly and test experience in aerospace
- Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) certification
- Associates degree in technical field.
- Soldering experience
- A&P License
- Experience working in an FAA environment
- Ability to read assembly blueprints, wiring diagrams and
- Knowledge of shop test equipment and testing procedures and the
ability to test a variety of assemblies/sub-assemblies.
- Knowledge of military and commercial platforms
- Ability to work with inspection and force gages, multimeters,
torque wrenches, and production test equipment.
- Ability to work from written and verbal instructions.
- Knowledge of Eaton production units or similar
electromechanical products. Ability to retain knowledge of units
- Ability to cross train on a variety of
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with other
departments and organizations. Ability to accumulate and record
data to support process improvement idea(s).
- Ability to push, pull and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to read and write English.
- Computer proficiency.
- Ability to troubleshoot
- Attention to detail
- Willing to perform repetitive tasks while sitting or standing
for extended periods of time
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all
job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon
job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Manufacturing & Operations
North America - US/Puerto Rico
United States-California-Los Angeles
Los Angeles CA Loc 2
AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Does this position offer relocation?
Requisition ID :095008
Keywords: Eaton, Los Angeles , Assembler/Tester II- 2nd Shift, IT / Software / Systems , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!