Lead Software Engineer
Company: Tech Holding
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: February 24, 2021
We're looking for a talented Lead Software Engineer to join our
team. We need someone who pays particular attention to detail and
has extremely high standards for the work they do. The person has
to be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where they
will architect and develop application using modern technology
- Heading software architecture discussions, enforcing best
practices, and code quality.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, project management,
product owners, design and engineering teams in order to create a
product delivery strategy, reasonable roadmaps, and timelines.
- Working on identifying the project risks and planning
mitigation actions with the PM at the project level.
- Designing components and applications according to client
- Contributing to engineering tasks, code reviews, rapid
prototyping to then assist the engineering teams with release
- Developing reusable application frameworks and tools that will
be employed throughout the codebase.
- Ensuring engineering teams have sufficient resources and a
clear understanding of priorities.
- Carefully analyzing projects and rectifying the errors
encountered in the process, including customer escalations.
- Keep abreast of new and latest engineering trends and
technologies, and encouraging team members to follow suit.
- Engaging in personnel activities such as hiring, development,
- Pushing the team to perform unit and integration tests.
- Constantly motivating the team to do their best, especially
during crunch times.
- Partaking in internal company projects and learning workshops,
while also encouraging other team members to participate.
- Ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical
and non-technical audiences.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited University, preferably in
Computer Science, or engineering disciplines.
- A minimum of 6 years experience in the software development
- Proven experience with mentoring a team of engineers.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, being a team
player, who enjoys learning and teaching.
- Strong CS fundamentals and problem-solving skills.
- Backend programming experience, including but not limited to
- Familiarity with front-end technologies, such as React and
- A good understanding of code version control, such as git.
- Proven architecture and system building experience. Familiarity
with infrastructure as code, i.e. Terraform and
- Hands-on experience with one of the major cloud platforms such
as AWS, Asure, and GCP.
- Knowledge of databases such as MySQL, MongoDB, or
- Experience with unit testing & Test Driven Development
Keywords: Tech Holding, Los Angeles , Lead Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!