HR Busines Partner
Company: GHP Management
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: September 16, 2019
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE(other duties and responsibilities may be
- Customer Service and Leadership:
- Provide leadership and guidance for the community teams by
setting a Service Excellence standard and inspiring the Service
Teams to achieve it.
- Promote and uphold company values, employee promise, policies,
- Establish a learning culture and maintain a strong
- Trains, coaches and develops team and leaders on employee
- Identifies and recommends new approaches, policies and
procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and
- Establishes partnerships with organizational leaders and
provides support, guidance and mentorship on employee management
- Provides support to organizational leaders on employee matters
and addresses questions as necessary.
- Employee Relations:
- Acts as initial point of contact on employee relations,
investigations, worker injuries, and leave of absence within the
talent management scope of HR.
- Works closely with the Payroll& Benefits Administrator to
coordinate leave of absences, designation, and employee status
- Acts as employee advocate in employee/supervisor disputes
providing a safe and open dialogue space for associates to resolve
- Exercises discretion in providing strategic solutions and
recommendations to managers on employee issues and
- Reviews, edits and approves corrective action memos and
development plans for associates as needed ensuring documentation
- Conducts investigations, reports findings and recommends
- Consults with HR Director and or Legal Counsel on employee
legal matters or issues to ensure action recommended.
- Leave of Absence Administration
- Acts as first point of contact for associates seeking leaves of
absence responding to questions and concerns.
- Maintains regular contact with associates ensuring that the
associate is well informed through adequate and required
- Coordinates with benefits specialist on benefit continuation
during leave of absence
- Classifies and tracks leave of absence.
- Assess potential need for temporary staffing and confers with
Supervisors and Recruiter on estimated leave times during the
period of absence.
- Workers Compensation& Safety
- Ensures compliant reporting of Employer Report of Injury and
ensures employees receive all required documentation.
- Confers with claims adjusters on status of open workers
- As necessary presents to hearings for the purpose of claims
- Tracks injuries for OSHA Log preparation and is responsible for
OSHA log preparation, filing and posting annually.
- Promotes safety initiatives.
- Participates in quarterly meetings with insurance carrier to
review claims and ways to improve the processes.
- Partners with hiring managers to determine staffing needs,
posts necessary requisitions and tracks job ad activity using
- Screens resumes and presents candidates to Hiring
- Performs in-person and phone interviews with candidates.
- Makes recommendations to company hiring managers on internal
and external candidates.
- Coordinates interviews with the hiring managers.
- Follows up on the interview process status and helps push along
candidates through the process to ensure a quick turnaround and
communication with the candidate.
- Maintaining relationships with both internal and external
clients to ensure staffing goals are achieved.
- Communicates employer information and benefits during screening
process to potential candidates.
- Presents approved job offers to candidates.
- Stays current on the company's organizational structure,
policies, and federal and state laws regarding employment
- Serves as a liaison with area employment agencies, colleges,
and industry associations for the purpose of candidate outreach and
- Completes reports on employment activity and develops staffing
strategy with assigned portfolio of communities.
- Conducts exit interviews on terminating employees.
Knowledge, Skills and Requirements:
- BA/BS in related field plus at least 3 years' Employee
Relations experience OR HS Diploma or equivalent plus at least 5
years' HR Generalist and or Employee Relations role in a large,
complex organization or high volume, fast-paced working
- Ability to works well in teams and collaborative
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills are
- Proficiency with MS Office, or related office productivity
suite is required. Familiarity with HRIS systems.
- Bilingual English/Spanish Preferred
- Must be comfortable with conducting business transactions via
telephone, computer as well as meeting clients and candidates
- Results oriented with strong organizational skills and the
ability to excel in a high-volume, fast-paced working
- This position visits multiple work locations. Travel within a
30 mile radius may occasionally be required.
- Must be able to regularly travel to multiple property locations
daily/weekly/monthly within assigned portfolio as well as company
meetings and conferences which may include air travel.
- Position requires regular property walks which may include
walking properties, climbing stairs, crouching and stooping in
order to inspect property.
- Must be able to lift up to 5 lbs. regularly and up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to communicate with employees and residents
verbally and in writing.
- This position works indoors in low to moderate noise
- The incumbent is required to sit, stand and walk
- Ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the
- Must have the manual dexterity and ability to type and key in
- Analytical- regularly makes decisions and solved problems by
analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best
solution and solve problems.
- Business and Financial Acumen- must be able to synthesis
complex financial information and interpret financial results.
- Communication- Communicates with Supervisors, Peers, or
Subordinates providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and
subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in
- Leadership- Has an ability to inspire and lead others to goal
achievement through day to day interaction.
- ConflictResolution- has an ability to remain calm during
difficult situations, resolve conflicts and negotiating with others
handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances
and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Organization- Organizes, plans, and prioritizes work.
Keywords: GHP Management, Los Angeles , HR Busines Partner, Human Resources , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!