Company: Nooter Construction
Posted on: February 9, 2024
Nooter Construction, a fully integrated turnkey construction,
multi-craft, construction engineering, and maintenance contractor,
is seeking Payroll Coordinators positions to add to their
turnaround teams for upcoming projects. Day/Night Shifts.
Must have an accounting or payroll background with attention to
detail. Background in construction or working in refineries or
power plants preferred, along with experience dealing with multiple
crafts/unions Track Software and equipment/purchasing.
- Process employee Time & Attendance data from the Time system to
payroll and reconcile variances utilizing tools in the Time and
attendance, TRACK, and payroll systems.
- Manage all payroll processes, including processing and entering
employee new hire data and changes for multiple crafts and staff,
verify employee documentation for accuracy, monitor edits to ensure
accuracy of time entered, process payroll, and accurately pay
- Manage support personnel.
- Prepare daily labor and weekly equipment and material
timesheets for project managers and material coordinators to
present to customers for approval as needed.
- Collect Time from Gate Log and accurately allocate the time in
Track (the refineries cost tracking system) and Nooter Payroll
- Correct allocation of all contract costs down to the task level
of work orders.
- Manage internal cost controls timekeeping program, client site
timekeeping programs, and requirements (I.E., TRACK) by the input
of payroll data (straight time, overtime, double time, by employee
- Audit and reconcile time for labor for up to 150 workers.
- Monitor billing rates to ensure rates are correct for
- Download equipment rates via Track's import tool.
- Timely and accurate allocation of costs to the specific jobs
for which they were used.
- Work closely with Day Shift Office Manager to ensure labor
hours and costs are reconciled and allocated correctly.
- Process and monitor overrides (gate log hours won't match hours
worked, which will require overrides in the Track System).
- Collect and enter all committed reimbursable costs - labor, per
diem, travel, equipment, and materials.
- Create, run, and distribute standard periodic reports.
- Maintain organized electronic and/or hard copy files for easy
identification and retrieval.
- Assists others in the field construction site as necessary.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent. Accounting or Business
Administration Degree preferred
- 2-4+ years' experience in cost accounting, union payroll, or
- Experience with Viewpoint and Time and Attendance or payroll
programs is highly preferred
- Chemical/refinery industry and auditing experience
- Knowledge of TRACK is highly preferred
- Knowledge of contractual standard agreements
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
- Ability to apply basic accounting principles
- Advanced knowledge of Excel in creating complex spreadsheets
using formulas and defining output to meet specific needs
- Must have timekeeping experience with large volumes of
employees and be familiar with straight-time, overtime, and
double-time policies and timekeeping standards.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment and
willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities
- Must be able to meet deadlines and work under high pressure
The job will primarily be on or around construction/turnaround
sites in petrochemical operational units, including possible
hazardous environments. Exposure to loud noises, dust, dirt,
irritants, and smoke may occur. Safety requirements must be
verified and meet standards set forth by client operating permits,
policies, and procedures and performed in compliance with meeting
or exceeding all federal, state, and local laws or ordinances
before work activities can transpire.
Keywords: Nooter Construction, Los Angeles , Payroll Coordinator, Human Resources , Lakewood, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!