Sr. Specialist, Payroll
Company: CIM Group, LP
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Working under the Manager/Director of Payroll, the Sr. Payroll
Specialist is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of
payroll cycles for multiple business units and providing assistance
with all aspects of timekeeping, records maintenance and various
special projects related to the payroll function.
- Prepares payroll by collecting and auditing timesheets,
maintains accuracy of payroll and employee data regarding taxes,
deductions, earnings, and hours worked
- Processes regular weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, and off-cycle
payrolls for multi-state, multi-entity, union, and non-union
workforce, including regular wages, commissions, incentives, and
special payments such as benefit/pay coordination payments and
- Ensures any payroll changes affecting compensation for the
payroll period are properly and timely captured.
- Processes payroll adjustments for employee changes, new hires,
terminations, or other payroll-related requirements.
- Processes garnishments and wage attachments.
- Performs duties in accordance with federal, state, and local
laws, regulations, company policies, and/or Collective Bargaining
- Provides user support for UKG Time Management (UTM), a
web-based timekeeping system.
- Responds to inquiries related to payroll information and
payroll taxes from employees, government entities, internal and
external auditors, and others.
- Prepares ad hoc reporting as requested by various business
units and component companies.
- Maintains high confidentiality and care with employee, company,
and HRIS/payroll information.
- Research payroll related bank reconciliation inquiries.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Associate degree with emphasis in Payroll or Accounting related
field. Bachelor's degree and/or FPC preferred, but not
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in Payroll, with experience
processing payroll for multi-state, multi-pay groups and/or union
- Experience with UKG Pro (formerly Ultipro) in both CORE, UTM,
and DIMENSIONS preferred.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification a plus.
- Practical knowledge of the techniques, concepts, and
considerations pertinent to effective payroll administration
- Knowledge of California and federal employment and wage and
hour laws and regulations required.
- Experience with international payroll a plus, but not
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of federal, state and local wage and tax laws.
- Knowledge of and experience with payroll software such as ADP,
UKG Pro (formerly UltiPro), Paychex; including but not limited to
employee record maintenance, report writing, document maintenance
and website portal.
- Demonstrated understanding of timekeeping and payroll
- Strong numerical aptitude and exceptional attention to detail,
including the ability to compute rate, ratios, and
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with
accuracy, prioritize multiple tasks, and consistently meet
- Proven ability to work productively, efficiently, & effectively
with initiative and drive under a tight timeline and pressure with
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability
to seek resources as needed.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing workforce with frequently
changing schedules and locations.
- Proven customer service skills while maintaining a confidential
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme
- Manages positive and productive relationship with external
- Accurate and timely processing of payroll.
- Accuracy in recordkeeping of payroll files in compliance with
state and federal laws
- Compliance with legal requirements of laws related to Federal
and State Wage & Hour, Federal and State taxes, Employment
Development Department (EDD).
- Adherence to and consistent application of CIM's policies and
CIM does not accept unsolicited resumes from Agencies. Any
unsolicited resumes received from Agencies will be considered
property of CIM and no fees will be due or paid. If you wish to
become an approved Agency with CIM or any of its Affiliates, please
contact a member of the CIM Talent Acquisition Team.
Keywords: CIM Group, LP, Los Angeles , Sr. Specialist, Payroll, Human Resources , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...