Head of HR, Hospitality
Company: CIM GROUP
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: March 20, 2023
The Head of HR, Hospitality will foster a strong culture that
helps our people succeed and thrive while creating the systems that
help us scale exceptional performance. -The Head of HR, Hospitality
will lead HR operations & strategy for the Hospitality group. They
will evaluate, adapt and react to the needs of the operations
within the multiple states where the company has hospitality
operations. Focus on delivering quality work while leading the
teams at the various properties toward a positive employee
experience, within their budgetary guidelines, compliance and
contractual obligations. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Collaborate with property GM's and HR leaders to set strategic
and operational goals and plans for HR Operations with a focus on
harmonious employee culture, continuous improvement, and solid
first-line controls and compliance checks.
- Drive the identification, evaluation, selection, and
implementation of an all-inclusive platform to include applicant
tracking, HRIS, time and attendance, and payroll. -
- Work closely with benefits brokers and property leadership in
finding the best cost-effective benefits plan for each
- Work with CIM Risk & CIM HR in all Workman's Compensation
matters and promote a culture of safety across all businesses
within the hospitality group.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues, including
conducting effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Annually review and make recommendations to management for
improvement of the organization's policies, procedures, and
practices on personnel matters.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment
legislation and ensure the organization's compliance.
- Maintain responsibility for organizational compliance with
federal, state, and local legislation pertaining to all hospitality
- Consult with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by
the department head, on personnel matters.
- Work closely with Labor Relations counsel on union/nonunion
grievances, mediations, and suits as necessary.
- Provide support and leadership in all matters related to CBA
interpretation and application. Participate in negotiations as
- Analyze new business and provide solutions related to
structure, compliance, and overall operations.
- Maintain and execute critical paths for property openings,
closures, and transitions.
- Act as HR director for properties as required. HR contact point
for employees in Los Angeles.
- Manage all HR operations in LA including training, recruitment,
benefits negotiation and administration, new hires, transfers, and
- Support special employee recognition events.
- Recruitment for executive positions and all levels when
- Manage day-to-day HR operations as needed in different markets;
identify structure adjustments needs in anticipation of growth,
scale, and execute in a timely manner.
- Act as HR subject matter expert and advisor for the Managing
Director and the team in the Hospitality Division.
- Develop and implement policies as needed.
- Communicate with teams at all levels of the organization.
- Able to travel frequently and on occasion work holidays and
- Perform other duties as requested.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary responsibility for human resource operations directors
in the field
- Vendors, brokers, and providers of services
- Provide property-level HR support for the LA-based hotel teams.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, related discipline, or
equivalent work experience required
- Master's Degree and/or Senior HR Professional Certification
- 12+ years of HR experience, with increasing levels of
- Minimum of 5 years experience in an HR executive role with
primary experience in hospitality.
- Fluency in Spanish. -
- Active membership with professional Human Resources
networks/organizations and ongoing professional development
- Significant experience with Hotel Union Collective Bargaining
Agreements & processes.
- Experience with project management, change management, and
driving programs independently
- Solid knowledge of hospitality operations at different levels
of service: luxury, lifestyle, established brands.
- Strong familiarity with Forbes Standards, AAA Standards as well
as other hospitality tools to analyze and determine training and
support needs for the workforce.
- Experience working in both unionized and non-unionized
- Analytical and data management experience with experience
translating data into action planning
- Experience helping organizations through scaling
- Extensive HR knowledge and experience in employment law,
compensation, organizational planning, organizational development,
employee relations, safety, training, and development
- Ability to identify problems and drive appropriate people and
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with senior
leaders regarding company direction, challenges, and
- Solid technical skills
- Solid written and oral communication skills; ability to present
facts and recommendations effectively
- Ability to influence individuals and work effectively with
various internal and external players to accomplish tasks
- Effective team-building skills; excellent interpersonal and
- Strong employee relations background CIM does not accept
unsolicited resumes from Agencies. Any unsolicited resumes received
from Agencies will be considered property of CIM and no fees will
be due or paid. If you wish to become an approved Agency with CIM
or any of its Affiliates, please contact a member of the CIM Talent
Keywords: CIM GROUP, Los Angeles , Head of HR, Hospitality, Human Resources , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...