Director, Human Resources (HR) - West Coast Brands and Joe's Jeans
Company: Joe's Jeans
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: January 28, 2023
The Human Resources (HR) Director will be in the Business Partner
and key Human Resources support for the Centric team based in our
Los Angeles, California office (located in the downtown arts
district). This position will be responsible for supporting the
continued growth and development of the team by supporting and
driving key human resources programs and initiatives. The HR
Director will advise and coach the team on performance management,
talent discussions, employee relations issues, organizational
succession planning and support the recruitment efforts of the
- Develop strong working relationships with business leaders and
employees at all levels to become a trusted advisor and key member
of the business team.
- Continuous improvement of approach and processes to support the
attraction, retention, development and engagement of talent
throughout the organization.
- Manage the full onboarding process, including conducting new
hire orientations, to ensure all new hires have a positive
transition to the brand and culture.
- Oversee the performance management lifecycle ensuring all
employees are consistently provided with the tools and feedback
needed to be successful in their careers with Centric Brands.
- Act as an internal consultant for resolving employee relations
issues, including general HR and employment law advice; When
needed, conduct thorough investigations and manage all
documentation, escalation and communication in timely manner.
- Ensure California legal compliance in areas including but not
limited to work authorizations and Wage & Hour.
- Coach managers on delivering effective and impactful
performance management conversations and documentation.
- Support management teams on organizational discussions and
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team to help manage the
full cycle recruitment process for positions within the Los Angeles
office; Willingness to take full ownership of recruitment for key
positions which includes sourcing candidates, screening,
interviewing and presenting final job offers.
- Develop, implement and manage recruitment strategies specific
to the LA market to effectively recruit top talent.
- Champion employee events within the LA office which support
team comradery and foster a positive team culture.
- Assist in the day-to-day support of the general operations of
the LA office.
- Provide data and information as required by Finance and other
Skills and Requirements
- 8-10+ years of previous HR experience
- Strong understating of HR operations and best practices
including employee relations, performance management, compensation
- Knowledge of federal, state and local labor laws and
- Creative thinker with excellent written and verbal
- Strong problem solving and influencing skills, a hands-on
approach in working with management and the ability to work
independently in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated skill in coaching and counseling across a variety
of employee populations and human resource issues
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; Strong proficiency in
Excel is required
In return, we provide an industry-competitive salary, along with a
comprehensive benefits plan (medical, dental, vision) that includes
a matching 401 (k), Summer Fridays, generous PTO, merchandise
discounts, excellent career development opportunities, and a work
environment that reflects our industry leadership. Our social
impact program, Centric Cares, focuses on volunteerism to make a
difference in communities we live and work in and our D&I
committee is shaping the future of diversity, equity and inclusion
at Centric Brands though workshops, resources and inspiring
Salary Range: $125,000 - $160,000
At Centric Brands, we believe our people are our greatest asset,
and we seek to structure competitive compensation offers to ensure
that we are able to attract and retain the best talent. Our job
postings include an annual base salary range at the time of
employment. The stated base salary range represents our good faith
estimate as to what candidates are likely to expect, and we tailor
our offers within the range based on several factors, including the
selected candidate's educational and professional experience,
industry knowledge, location, technical and communication skills,
and other factors that may prove relevant during the selection
process. Base salary is a part of a total compensation package,
which, depending on the position, may also include commission
earnings, annual bonus and other Centric Brands sponsored benefit
Be part of our growing community by getting involved with groups,
teams and initiatives like Be Green, Be Giving, and Be
Centric Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Joe's Jeans, Los Angeles , Director, Human Resources (HR) - West Coast Brands and Joe's Jeans, Human Resources , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!