Human Resources Generalist (Temporary Assignment)
Company: Amanecer Community Counseling Service
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: November 26, 2022
TITLE: *HR GENERALIST* EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT: Non-Exempt
*\*\*This is a temporary assignment - qualified candidate may be
eligible for hire on a full-time permanent basis.*
REPORTS TO: HR Manager EFFECTIVE DATE: 12/17/2021
*SUMMARY OF POSITION *
Assists the Human Resources Manager in the efficient and effective
functioning of the Human Resources Department, by performing a wide
variety of human resources activities.
*DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: *
1. Maintain and update employee benefits.
2. Reconcile monthly benefit statements to benefit billing
3. Responsible for organizing annual benefit open enrollment.
4. Manage Worker's Compensation claims.
5. Maintain employee information in HRIS system.
6. Create and distribute weekly, monthly and ad hoc reports.
7. Check references for potential candidates.
8. Assist HR Manager with recruitment responsibilities.
9. In absence of HR Manager, provide initial orientation to new
10. In absence of HR Manager, point person for employees and
managers, regarding employee relations issues.
11. Respond to reference check requests and other basic personnel
12. Assist HR Coordinator with Facilities and other duties, as
13. Assist HR Manager Assistant with special projects.
14. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
*MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS: *
1. BA/BS or AA preferred.
2. 2 to 3 years experience working in an HR or benefits
3. HR Generalist or other HR certification preferred.
*KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED*:
1. Excellent communication and organization skills.
2. Ability to multi-task.
3. Excellent computer skills.
4. Flexibility and willingness to take on new tasks and
*WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT: *
1. Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work
2. Able to lift, push or pull 25 pounds.
3. Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks,
such as operating dangerous equipment or working with
4. All employees, regardless of position, serve as role models for
the clients who are served by our agency. Therefore, each employee
must at all times be emotionally stable and able to function
effectively with children, adolescents, and adults who may have
mental or behavioral health problems. The staff must be able to
demonstrate appropriate daily behavior, appropriate expression of
emotions, as well as appropriate role modeling.
Hostility, verbal aggression, unnecessary or inappropriate physical
actions, and inappropriate emotional expression are not
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $30.00 per hour
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* Bachelor's (Required)
* Human Resources: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Los Angeles, CA 90017%58047475%
Keywords: Amanecer Community Counseling Service, Los Angeles , Human Resources Generalist (Temporary Assignment), Human Resources , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!