Employment Service Specialist
Company: Goodwill Southern California
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Employment Service Specialist in Los Angeles at Goodwill
Southern California Job DescriptionGoodwill Southern California
(GSC) prepares and places thousands of individuals into sustainable
employment through programs and services throughout Los Angeles,
Riverside and San Bernardino counties. As one of the leading
non-profit brands in the world, and the largest non-profit in
Southern California, we have been transforming lives through the
power of work for over 100 years. Goodwill Southern California
supports its mission with proceeds generated from over 78 retail
stores and over 44 attended donation centers, as well as from
charitable donations and grants from the public and private
sectors. Goodwill SoCal is a rapidly evolving organization and yet
we have never been more focused - on our mission, on our people,
and on our future. It's always a GOOD day in SoCal!
Primary Responsibility / SummaryProvides individualized and/or
group employment preparation, and job placement services intended
to assist assigned participants with rapid attachment to the
workforce. Services may include work skills assessments,
staff-assisted employment search, job prep workshops and job clubs.
Goodwill Southern California greatly values our employees' health
and well-being. Per company Policy, all our employees are required
to be fully vaccinated for Covid 19.Essential Duties &
- Develops a trusting and open relationship with participants and
assist with decision-making and goal setting.
- Provides classroom instruction to groups and individuals on job
seeking skills and techniques, motivation, resume preparation,
application completion, job retention and Internet use for job
- Provides participants with work skills assessments that will
enhance their ability to find appropriate employment.
- Utilizes labor market information to assist the participant in
making appropriate career and occupational decisions.
- Works with local employers and participants in developing and
identifying appropriate jobs and helping participants gain
meaningful employment. Assists in reasonable accommodation process
with prospective employers.
- Maintains detailed electronic and hard copy case records
according to funder and/or Company requirements. Completes all
documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Achieves enrollment and placement goals, and conducts timely
follow-up with all participants on caseload.
- Meets with CQI team to assist with implementation strategies
for continuous quality improvement.
- This position may require some local travel (25% to 50%), a
valid CA driver's license and state-required auto insurance
required. Driving record must be acceptable by the organization's
insurance vendor. Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Other duties and special projects as assigned. Supervisory
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.QualificationsTo
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.Education & Experience
- 3 to 5 years human services and/or case management
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university
- Master's degree or equivalent preferred.
- A combination of training, education, and experience may be
considered in lieu of a degree.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Recent teaching or training experience required. Ability to
speak another language and understand another culture as required
by the needs of the program or local community.
- Knowledge of assigned program regulatory requirements (e.g.,
WIA, DOR, DOL, etc.)
- Fluent in American Sign Language (required for deaf/hard of
hearing specific program roles only)
- Experienced in the deaf culture (required for deaf/hard of
hearing specific program roles only)OtherQualifications
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Free from alcohol and drug abuse.
- Understands the basic philosophy of Goodwill and participates
fully in carrying out its mission.
- Adheres to Goodwill's values of Respect, Integrity, Service, &
Excellence.Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- GCDF certification preferred.Other Educational Skills &
- Must have intermediate knowledge of computer programs in a
Windows environment, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and
Outlook.English Language Skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
governmental regulations.Ability to write reports, business
correspondence, and procedure manuals.Ability to effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers, clients, customers, and the general public.Mathematical
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume.Ability to apply concepts of basic
algebra and geometry.Reasoning Ability
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety
of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal
with several abstract and concrete variables.Computer Skills
- Database software
- Spreadsheet software
- Word Processing software
- Presentation software
- Case Management softwareRequired Training
- New Hire Orientation
- Safely Surrender Baby Law
- Mandated Reporter Status
- Data Systems
- ADA and Reasonable Accommodation
- GCDF Certification (professional staff only)
- Safety Training
- Any other training required by law, funders, and the
- Drug Screen
- Background Check
- Live Scan
- COVID vaccine verificationValues-Based Work Environment
NoticeGoodwill Southern California provides a values-based work
environment for our employees. All individuals are expected to
support and promote our values:
- We treat everyone with respect, compassion and inclusion,
recognizing their contributions and differences.
- We conduct business with transparency, integrity and
- We serve, empower and advocate for our clients, community,
business partners and each other.
- We pursue a vision of excellence and continuous improvement to
better the lives of those we serve. The above description is not
intended to be an "all-inclusive" list of the duties and
responsibilities of the job described, nor is it intended to be
such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
Rather, it is intended only to describe the general nature of the
Goodwill Industries in Southern California is an equal opportunity
employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more
information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law,
please click here: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to
Employment Service Specialist Goodwill gives preferential
consideration to persons with barriers to employment. Persons with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.Equal Employment
OpportunityGoodwill is committed to a policy of equal employment
opportunity for applicants and employees. Employment decisions will
comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in
employment including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the
Age Discrimination Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with
Disabilities Act of 1990, the Immigration and Nationality Act, and
any other characteristic protected by federal or state
law.Nondiscrimination on the Basis of DisabilitiesIn furtherance of
our commitment to end discrimination against qualified disabled
individuals, and in accordance with the provisions of Section 504
of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities
Act, and all regulations properly issued thereunder to protect the
rights of qualified disabled persons, it is Goodwill's policy that
no program or activity administered by it shall exclude from
participation, deny benefits to or subject to discrimination any
individual solely by reason of his or her disability. Equal
employment opportunity will be extended to qualified disabled
persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship,
including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion,
transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. We further
affirm that we will provide reasonable accommodation to the known
physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified disabled
employee or applicant.It is the policy of Goodwill to provide
reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities
who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need
assistance for accommodations to interview because of a disability,
please notify the Human Resources Department. Employment
opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to
make reasonable accommodations for a disability.
Keywords: Goodwill Southern California, Los Angeles , Employment Service Specialist, Human Resources , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!