Sr. Manager, Recruiting and Development (REQ 995)
Company: Reliance Steel Company
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Application Process: To be considered for this position, the
candidate must submit their resume and specify the title and
requisition number for which they are applying in the subject line
or body of the email.JOB SUMMARYThe Senior Manager, Recruiting and
Development enables business growth and a high-performing
organizational culture by implementing end-to-end talent programs
and initiatives that attract, grow and retain employees. This role
will enhance organizational effectiveness through the development
and deployment of solutions to address leadership skills gaps and
improve productivity. In particular, the Senior Manager will
develop and manage tools and processes to address current and
future business needs across the full employee life cycle (i.e.,
recruiting, onboarding; development; performance, engagement,
retention), while strengthening a diverse and inclusive
culture.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESTalent Planning/Succession
- Work with the Executive Director to implement a talent review
and succession planning process to more tightly align to the
business strategy and strategic workforce capability efforts.
- Monitor HiPo and succession pools to ensure that people are
gaining necessary experiences that prepare them for future roles.
Support the implementation of a leadership talent review and
calibration process to create a diverse pipeline of leadership
- Drive high-potential management and development programs that
align with long-range business strategies.
- Help build and manage a diverse leadership talent
- Responsible for the implementation of employee feedback
channels (engagement survey, pulse surveys, etc.); support
Company-wide and/or targeted initiatives to address opportunity
- Oversee the corporate new hire orientation and onboarding
experiences; oversee development and implementation of a
toolkit/guide for the field to utilize.
- Build a diverse and inclusive learning environment and overall
- Provide insights, recommendations and guidance on engagement
initiatives and activities based on survey feedback.Recruiting
- Oversee recruiting programs and strategies and support the
Director, HR & Labor Relations and Hiring Compliance Specialist in
full cycle recruiting when needed.
- Transform and manage the Reliance internal marketplace for
talent by providing oversight to recruiting and related
- Working with the the Director, HR & Labor Relations and Hiring
Compliance Specialist, provide field HR teams and hiring managers
with standard guidelines, tools and resources in support of
regional/localized recruiting efforts.Leadership Development
- Lead and manage the enterprise leadership development process
aligned with succession planning and high potential development
- Consult, communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to
identify learning and development needs and provide straightforward
solutions that address business needs.
- Design, develop and lead mentoring, career development and
other retention programs. Strive to achieve a diverse, top talent
- Select, manage, develop and evaluate training vendors and
consultants to ensure the efficient operation of the
- Manage a team responsible for recruiting programs, onboarding,
training activities and employee engagement strategies.
- Ensure department milestones, goals and project deliverables
- Manage direct reports and foster internal team effectiveness
efforts. Develop and mentor more junior level team
- In partnership with Director, HR & Labor Relations, facilitate
critical talent milestones including goal setting, ongoing coaching
and feedback, mid-year and the year-end review process share tools
and resources to encourage more valuable conversations.
- Ensure planning, execution and communication of goal setting,
development planning, performance feedback and alignment to total
rewards (future state).
- Manage performance, succession and talent planning processes to
efficiently and effectively integrate talent management as a
business process, led by business leaders and supported by HR
- Implement key measures to evaluate and report on the
effectiveness of talent strategies.
- Collect and analyze people-related data and leading trends to
better understand drivers of engagement at Reliance.OTHER DUTIES &
- All other duties and responsibilities assigned by
managementCORE COMPETENCIESCore Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and
- Ability to understand business strategies and translate them
into actionable talent development initiatives.
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and executive
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think critically
- Ability to apply prior knowledge and insights into tailored,
iterative solutions within the current environment.
- Collaborative and influential in working with HR colleagues as
well as executive business leaders.
- Seasoned project management skills, able to manage multiple
priorities.Reliance Corporate Leadership Competencies:
- Deals with Ambiguity
- Demonstrates Perseverance
- Develops and Motivates Others
- Skilled Decision Maker
- Total Work SystemsREQUIRED SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in a related
field required; Degree in Organization Development, Human
Resources, Business Administration
- Master's Degree desirable.
- Strong consultation skills with the ability to facilitate
insights, influence leaders at all levels and guide talent
decisions throughout the business.
- Thorough understanding of organization development/talent
management methods and best practices, as well as applicable
policies and federal, state, and local employment laws and
- 7+ years' experience in Human Resources, Organizational
Development Business Administration or related field required
- Experience designing, developing and supporting
organization-wide talent management programs required.
- Experience with integrating competency models into talent
practices. Experience in full cycle recruiting, including sourcing,
interviewing, assessment and hiring.
- Experience managing professional level employees.LOCATION: Los
Angeles, California. Houston, Texas or Phoenix, Arizona, with
ability to commute/travel as needed to different
locations.Application Process: To be considered for this position,
the candidate must submit their resume and specify the title and
requisition number for which they are applying in the subject line
or body of the email.We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered
for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable federal, state or local law.We will endeavor to make a
reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental
limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the
accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of
our business. If you believe you require such assistance to apply
for the position or to participate in an interview, please let us
know.Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co. provides reasonable
accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the
Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment
Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with
Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the
job application process should contact Kendra Thornton at (213)
576-2426 to request an accommodation.Job Type: Full-timeExperience:
- Recruiting: 7 years (Preferred)Work Location: One location
Keywords: Reliance Steel Company, Los Angeles , Sr. Manager, Recruiting and Development (REQ 995), Human Resources , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!