Personal Trainer - Westchester YMCA
Company: YMCA of Metropolitan L.A.
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles is not only the premiere
non-profit in Los Angeles, it is also a great place to work, make a
difference in your community and meet like-minded individuals. With
twenty-six branches, three camps and over fifty child care sites,
the LA Y is a highly-collaborative, rewarding and fun environment
where you will discover your passion, grow your career and make an
impact! We believe in the four Core Values of Caring, Honesty,
Respect and Responsibility and understand that our staff are our
biggest asset! We strive to create high-performing, strong teams in
each of our branches and are looking for passionate and
enthusiastic staff who will help us to strengthen our impact,
empower our community and deliver incredible programming! Position
Description The YMCA Personal Trainer is responsible for creating
welcoming and supportive environments while providing customized
fitness programs for members. Responsibilities include working
one-on-one with members, providing personal attention and
motivation, instructing members on proper exercise techniques, and
designing fitness programs to help members achieve their unique
health and fitness goals. Qualifications
- Eighteen years of age or older
- High school diploma; Bachelor's degree in Physical Education,
Kinesiology, Exercise Science, or a related field preferred
- Current CPR certification;
- Personal training certificate from a nationally accredited
certifying organization (e.g. NASM, NSCA, NCCPT, ACE, AFAA, and
ACSM) required. Certifications must be current at time of hire.
- As current non-Y certifications lapse and/or require
renewal/recertification via CEC's through a 3rd party vendor
(whether ACSM, NSCA, AFAA, Pilates, or other) staff may keep those
certifications current at their own expense.
- If staff choose not to keep their non-Y certifications current,
as a condition of employment to continue to work for the Y, staff
will be required to complete the Y-ACE certifications.
- Y-ACE has an equivalency certification provision. Anyone
holding an equivalent certification from another recognized entity
can apply for an equivalency.
- Strong character values
- Experience working in the fitness industry; a t least 1 year of
experience working with participants on a one-on-one basis,
- Create a welcoming environment in all YMCA program areas taking
time to talk to members and enthusiastically greet them by name
with a smile and eye contact.
- Conduct personal training appointments with members to help
them develop and meet their fitness goals. Ensure that a client
inquiry or follow-up is conducted within 24 hours of receiving a
referral. Inform supervisor of client's initial start date.
- Design personalized programs for members that are customized to
meet the unique needs of each member.
- Motivate and encourage members to meet fitness goals; track
member progress and modify fitness routines/plans as
- Confirm member appointments and member follow-up as
- Design a safe and effective 30-minute to 1 hour fitness
program. For example: Create a safe environment by providing
individual instruction to members. Demonstrate proper technique and
adjust machine weights, and cardiovascular equipment as
- Proactively connect and monitor members to develop, and support
the achievement of their goals for healthy living, and matching
members' interests to YMCA programs.
- Responsible for building small communities by facilitating
connections with and between members.
- Respond promptly and courteously to all member complaints,
compliments and inquiries while following the appropriate
procedures at all times.
- Actively interact with members regarding their participation in
YMCA programs, Annual Support Campaign and Special Events.
- Provide clear and effective communication with members, staff
and the general public. This includes session cancelation,
rescheduling of any kind and/or anything related to the client,
maintaining a satisfactory experience. Administration &
- Monitor fitness room to ensure equipment is functioning, put
away and clean.
- Model and enforce Code of Conduct, Healthy Living Policies, and
administrate member issues as they arise. Positively interpret
these policies to members.
- Follows the programs administrative process utilizing the tools
and resources provided to maintain all record keeping per session
per participant is accurate and current.
- Ensure that any paperwork is completed within 5 minutes after
the client's allotted session.
- Properly inform clients that all payments are to be made at the
- Information is organized and participants stay engaged in the
Keywords: YMCA of Metropolitan L.A., Los Angeles , Personal Trainer - Westchester YMCA, Human Resources , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!