Restaurant Manager (La Boucherie) - InterContinental
Company: InterContinental Hotels Group
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: September 15, 2018
About usDo you see yourself as a Restaurant Manager? What's your passion? Whether you're into sports, shopping or spending time with your pet, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.Your day to dayFINANCIAL RETURNS
- Achieve budgeted revenues, control expenses and labor costs, and maximize profitability within all areas of the food and beverage outlet(s). Assist in preparation of the annual operating budget which supports the overall objectives of the food and beverage outlet(s).
- Maintain procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of restaurant inventory, and equipment, (2) ensure the security of monies, credit and financial transactions, (3) replenish supplies, inventory, uniforms, etc. in a timely and efficient manner, and (4) to minimize waste and control costs. Participate in taking inventories.
- Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
- Ensure all staff is properly trained and certified if applicable and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Sales and Marketing, Catering, Banquets, Housekeeping, Maintenance and Guest Services.
- Interact with outside contacts:
- Guests - to ensure their total satisfaction
- Vendors - to ensure adequate inventory of supplies and equipment, to discuss pricing or service issues, to resolve any vendor performance issues, etc.
- Regulatory agencies - regarding safety and compliance matters
- Other contacts as needed (professional organizations, community groups, local media)
- Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival. Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Establish and implement appropriate service recovery guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Create innovative programs and promotions to market special menu items, increase sales, and increase guest patronage. Assist in the development and implementation of new menus and local food and beverage marketing programs, and participate in and maintain system-wide food and beverage marketing programs.
- Monitor performance of the restaurant through analysis of guest feedback and financial results. Initiate corrective action as needed.
- Supervise day-to-day activities of one or more food and/or beverage outlets. Plan and organize work. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all restaurant equipment (coffee and soda machines, registers, etc.) is in proper operational condition and is cleaned on a regular basis. Ensure that all restaurant facilities are cleaned, vacuumed, and properly stocked according to anticipated business volumes. Notify Engineering immediately of any maintenance and repair needs.
- Work closely with Executive Chef to identify pertinent concepts and menu design for the outlet(s). Conduct meetings to inform staff of special promotions, daily specials, and additional information.
- May serve as Manager on Duty
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we need from youQUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or equivalent and at least 1-2 years restaurant management experience in a full service outlet or similar setting. Hospitality Management Degree or some college preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Moving about the outlet(s)
- Handling objects, products
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork, ordering, interpreting results, and giving and receiving instructions.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offerIn return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please click "Apply Online" and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Females / Disabilities / Veterans
Keywords: InterContinental Hotels Group, Los Angeles , Restaurant Manager (La Boucherie) - InterContinental, Hospitality & Tourism , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!