- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with property
standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when
- Comply at all times with property standards and regulations to
encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Weigh, measure, mix and prep ingredients according to
- Ensure that kitchen area/equipment and utensils are cleaned &
- Check food and ingredients for freshness/quality control.
- Prepare menu items according to approved menu cards, while
ensuring the consistency of product and presentation.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Be familiar with the organization of the property and know the
function of each department.
- Assist Food & Beverage Manager or Executive Chef in maintaining
food and beverage costs.
- Maintain close communication links with all employees, seeking
input regarding food and beverage issues and acting as a motivating
- Monitor and follow up on all servers' cash overages and
- Maintain service standards throughout the department.
- Immediately follow up on accidents, problems or guest complaints
in the Food & Beverage Department.
- Be familiar with and able to react to emergency situations by
knowing locations of fire and extinguishers and exits.
- Maintain proper consistent disciplinary actions for all Food and
- Be familiar with Micros/Aloha P.O.S. system used in the
- Be familiar with Time & Attendance System to manage and approve
time cards; and submit to Payroll Department in compliance with
CA/OLS Wage & Hour guidelines
- Ensure employees are at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful
and courteous to guests, employees and other managers.
- Assist in preparation of staff schedules according to business
forecast, maintaining adherence to wage control, productivity
standards and Guest Comment Cards.
- Assist in monthly food and beverage inventories and
- Monitor inventory and place orders, as necessary.
- Ensure that all side work duties are completed by servers.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Assist Food & Beverage Manager or Executive Chef in developing
- Assist Food & Beverage Manager or Executive Chef in planning and
organizing monthly departmental meetings.
- Initiate and promote sales efforts for all service personnel.
- Assist the Food & Beverage Manager or Executive Chef in preparing
for and conducting employee performance appraisals.
- Assist the Food & Beverage Manager or Executive Chef in
maintaining and improving the quality and presentation of all food
- Schedule and attend weekly Food & Beverage meeting, daily
pre-meal meetings, and other meetings as required by management
- Perform general cleaning tasks to adhere to health and safety
- Ensure Food & Beverage Staff has up to date TIPS (Serve Safe)
and/or Food Handling Certifications in main kitchen to present to
Health Department Inspector if requested
- Perform in the capacity of any position supervised.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics which inspire
associates to meet and exceed standards.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as
OTHER PERSONNEL ISSUES:
- Abide by payroll policies, procedures (punch in/punch out), Meals
and Rest Periods policy and OLS/ Springboard Rules of Conduct.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of all hotel safety and security
procedures as required maintaining a secure and safe environment
for associates as well as guests.
- Report any unusual occurrences and/or request to the Food &
- Read and abide by all the regulations and rules of conduct stated
in the associate handbook.