Company: Travel Leaders Group Holdings LLC dba Internova Tr
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: November 19, 2023
# of Openings
ALTOUR is seeking an experienced Leisure Travel Agent that assesses
the client's needs to provide travel options that meet their
expectations. The incumbent sales travel while building client
relationships to retain future business. The ability to facilitate
professional, accurate, cost-effective travel arrangements for all
ALTOUR clients within their company's guidelines and standards of
excellence for customer service. Ability to multi-task in
fast-paced work environment. The salary range on this job
posting/advertising has been developed to give applicants a wide
range to comply with pay transparency laws in all states and
geographical areas. Many factors, such as years of experience,
geographical location, budget etc. are considered when determining
the starting rate of pay. This role may be eligible for an
incentive, commission, bonus, or a discretionary bonus program
based on the company's financial goal achievement and individual
- Responsible for selling and retaining
travel clients for cruises, tour packages, hotels, airfare, etc.
process bookings in a timely and friendly manner for walk-ins,
appointments, phone calls, and email clients. Up sells preferred
vendors, insurance, and financial services. Qualifies clients.
Establishes rapport and builds client relationships.
- Research destinations, hotels, cruises, airfare options, site
seeing, and additional trip information to best meet the client's
needs and expectations. Attends webinars and studies destination
demographics, amenities, values, specials, new hotels, etc.
- Is knowledgeable of CDC Travel restrictions, world events and
weather that might affect travel plans.
- Processes airfare, hotels, and ground transportation via GDS.
Updates client information in database. Processes travel requests
for deposits and payments. Creates and processes accurate invoice
using GDS, and back-office systems.
- Processes final documents which may include itineraries, visas,
inoculations, air and transportation tickets, and final payments.
Follows up with clients returning from trip and contacts past
clients to notify of specials and offer assistance with future
- Troubleshoots unexpected travel issues and addresses client
- Call backs handled within a 30-minute window. Acknowledge
emails within an hour of receipt, with all emails responded to by
the end of the day.
- Access queues at the beginning and end of each day.
- Follow and suggest improvements in company procedures in the
areas of customer service, documentation of PNRs and profiles,
ticketing, invoicing, attendance, accuracy of work etc.
- Assures client is fully aware of all necessary travel documents
and health requirements for countries to be visited.
- Maintains ownership of each record until departure/during
travel /welcome home to ensure all details (including seat
assignments, meal preferences, upgrades, etc.) are completed to the
- Researches and provides solutions to any travel related problem
clients may have experienced with arrangements made by ALTOUR with
total management awareness and participation.
- Stays fully informed on all airline rules and regulations,
tariffs, and fare requirements and accurately applies this
knowledge to all travel arrangements.
- Is available for and receptive to training opportunities.
- Is Sabre proficient and maintains Sabre skills with relevant
training. Adaptability with any new GDS system training as
- Has knowledge of and understanding of re-routing and exchange
- Stays abreast of technology and industry knowledge, especially
with intranet tools provided by ALTOUR.
- Essential; Must have excellent communication skills and enjoy
working with high level global clientele.
- Problem resolution to always include management.
- Performs other office functions as needed and seeks ways to
personally add to the overall efficiency of the operation.
- Minimum 2+ years industry experience.
- Overall travel industry knowledge and experience.
- GDS Sabre experience
- Competent with all aspects of ticketing transactions.
- Proficient with International Itineraries and rate
- Knowledge of online booking tools a plus.
- Experienced and comfortable with premium travelers.
- Attention to detail/conscientiousness/flexible.
- Problem solving and initiative.
- Interpersonal communication and relationship building
- Willingness to learn new functions and to enhance existing
- Patience and flexibility.
- Handle multiple accounts.
- HS Diploma/GED or equivalent work experience
- Regular and dependable attendance and punctuality are required.
Full time position.(40 hours) Internova Travel Group is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. We make employment decisions without regard
to age, race, religion, national origin, gender, disability,
veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation and gender
identity or any other protected class. Our benefit offerings
include choice of two medical plans and two dental plans, vision
insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs), company-paid life
insurance and AD&D, optional additional life insurance and
AD&D, disability insurance, paid parental leave, paid time off,
401k Plan with company match, discounted employee travel options,
access to LinkedIn Learning webinars and courses. Discounted pet
insurance and auto, home, & renters insurance. #LI-Remote
Keywords: Travel Leaders Group Holdings LLC dba Internova Tr, Los Angeles , Travel Agent, Hospitality & Tourism , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!