Senior Digitalization Project Manager Mobility Customer Service
Company: Siemens Mobility
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Pioneering in America, from the first mile to the last. This is
what drives us.
For more than 160 years, Siemens has been an integral provider of
infrastructure, electrification, and transportation solutions in
the United States. Rail systems must do one thing above all: RUN!
With modern maintenance solutions - from diagnostics to data-based
action recommendations, from quick delivery of replacement parts to
strategically planned modernization - we ensure your systems'
highest reliability and availability: 100% Railability. We are
constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions that
increase the availability of infrastructure for the society,
optimize route usage and create a new quality of travel.
Good service means we are there for our partners and customers when
they need us - and beyond. That is because we define ourselves by
what we do. Every day, every hour, every minute. We help our
customers move the world!
Siemens Mobility Customer Services Projects & Innovation is seeking
a highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and dedicated Senior
Digitalization Project Manager to ride the exciting world of
Digital Transformation of the Rolling Stock service and maintenance
The Senior Digitalization Project Manager will be located in
customer facilities in Los Angeles, CA or at Siemens Customer
Services in Sacramento, CA, for the LA Metro INTEGRATED DATA AND
COMMUNICATION SYSTEM (IDCS) Standalone digital project.
Your responsibilities include design, implementation and
installation of innovative communication systems for LA Metro's
heavy and light rail vehicles. The technology stack includes an IoT
Gateway with advanced underground tracking and dead-reckoning
algorithms, Remote Diagnostics through our application suite
Railigent -, Security Closed Circuit TV, Passenger Wi-Fi, several
interfaces to LA Metro's existing IT systems, among others.
Cybersecurity solutions are designed to protect LA Metro's critical
Infrastructure and Assets. And, of course, advice on how we can
demonstrate cloud technology and data to unlock new business models
such as SaaS and PaaS and improve our and customers' maintenance
processes to achieve 100% of Availability and Reliability.
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Coordinate, lead and drive successful project execution. Your
team will include a dedicated on-site Project Manager, on-site
personnel for installation, as well as a multi-functional team of
Engineering project manager, Procurement, and PMs of our partner
- Overall lead for Siemens LA Metro's IDCS project during all
phases of the initiative, including planning, design,
implementation, system tests, installation, integration, and
customer acceptance on LA Metro rail vehicles
- Lives full responsibility for the ---nancial results according
to set targets
- Integration of technical solution incl. all (sub-) systems
- Implements the latest technology stack of advanced underground
tracking and dead-reckoning algorithms, Remote Diagnostics through
our application suite Railigent -, Security Closed Circuit TV,
Passenger Wi-Fi, several interfaces to LA Metro's existing IT
systems, among others.
- Ensures Cybersecurity for our digital solutions together with
the Siemens Cybersecurity team
- Handle Customer Requirements and proactively lead changes in
project scope, identify potential problems, devise contingency
- Actively communicates with customer's senior representatives
and lead solving of issues
- Stands for overall responsibility on project results based on
strategic priorities and set goals (e.g., budget, quality,
- Develop strategies for the project and beyond and acts as
advisor for his line/senior management
- Develops action plans and drive dedication to relevant planning
elements and achievement results
- Support the Delivery of head-on project status updates for the
overall program based on the customer.
- Drive project schedule for design, project turning points
(applying our milestone methodology), information technology
delivery, and acceptance.
- Develop and deliver monthly project reports, customer progress
reports, customer change proposals, and presentations to management
and internal/external stakeholders.
- Develop and drive the execution of product-specific regional
growth initiatives, campaigns, sales strategies, and account
To thrive in this role, you have:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or business -related subject
- Working experience in project management in an industrial
environment of at least 5 years,
- Demonstrates an outstanding understanding of rail manufacturing
or rail maintenance, digitalization, and business management,
- Certification in Siemens-specific PM tools and methods, Project
Management Professional (PMP -), or other Project Management
methodology and terminology,
- Senior Project management skills, including developing project
plans, timelines / schedules, budgets, proposed layouts, resource
requirements, calculating ROI, etc.,
- Demonstrated technical experience and proven history of
successfully run projects,
- Capability to lead and empower a team,
- Demonstrable entrepreneurial performance,
- Intercultural experience and collaboration with international
- Tech-savvy and innovative approach,
- Demonstrably strong presentation skills,
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time if based in Sacramento,
CA to Los Angeles, CA,
- Setting you apart from others would be 3+ years of direct
customer service experience in rail industry with knowledge and
experience in railroad applicable law and regulations and
experience with agile project management methodologies.
Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to
employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here:
https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html . The base
salary range for this position in California is $132,400-$178,600
and the annual incentive target is 10% of the base salary. The
actual salary/wage offered may be lower or higher depending on
budget and candidate experience, knowledge, skills, and
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to their
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status,
ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to
ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender
identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection
status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable
discharge from military service, and other categories protected by
federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from
discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay
Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices
about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Keywords: Siemens Mobility, Los Angeles , Senior Digitalization Project Manager Mobility Customer Service, Hospitality & Tourism , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!