Grocery Associate Team Leader (Assistant Department Manager)-Full Time
Company: Whole Foods Market IP. L.P.
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Assists the Team Leader in all aspects of daily operations
including profitability, expense control, buying, merchandising,
labor, regulatory compliance and special projects as assigned.
Leads and develops Team Members. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs
require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous,
friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at
all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team
and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must
be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team
Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM
core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store
programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable
health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory
duties required in the department.Job Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains creative store layout and product
- Works with Team Leader to achieve sales, purchasing, and labor
- Assists Team Leader in analysis of sales, reports and
- Demonstrates advanced product knowledge and develops /
maintains awareness of new products.
- Maintains good vendor relationships, develops newvendor
relations, and ensures all paperwork is properly submitted for
- Works with Team Leader to resolve team concerns or issues.
- Functions as point person and departmental person in charge in
absence of Team Leader.
- Sets and achieves the highest standards of retail
- Fosters and encourages a positive environment of outstanding
teamwork, mutual respect, and exceptional morale.
- Maintains awareness of customer flows and needs and directs
Team Members as necessary to satisfy and delight customers;
responds promptly to customer needs and questions.
- Selects, trains, develops, mentors, motivates, and counsels
Team Members in a manner that sustains a high-performance team and
- Providestimely, thorough, and thoughtful performance
- Consistently communicates and models WFM vision and goals.Job
- High energy, enthusiastic, and displays an affinity for our
products, core values, and company philosophy.
- Growth mindset towards greater responsibility and
- Desire to coach and mentor others for growth.
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational, team
- Capable of teaching others in a positive and constructive
- Product knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory and safety policies and
- Proficient mathematical skills for assessing financial
performance, monitoring profitability, and managinginventory.
- Demonstrated decision-making ability, leadership skills,and
ability to prioritizeand delegate.
- Proficiency with email, Microsoft Office, and
- 18+ months retail Team Member experience and 6+ months of
supervisory experience.Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting,
squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters,
electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.Note:The purpose
of this document is to provide a general summary of essential
responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive
list. This document does not reflect all job duties or requirements
for every position.Requirements build as one progresses through the
job levels, so any job duties required at a lower level may be
required at the higher level in addition to the duties listed for
that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities
may differ for similar positions based on business conditions,
departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for the
particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful
performance in their current position before being considered for
promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level
position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the
candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new
position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an
advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or
developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not
guarantee a promotion.The wage range for this position is $20.05 -
$27.53 Hourly, commensurate with experience. Whole Foods Market
offers "Whole Benefits". Whole Benefits may include health
insurance, retirement plan benefits, eligibility for a store
discount, paid time off and access to other benefit programs.
Eligibility for Whole Benefits is determined under the terms of the
applicable Whole Benefits plan at a person's date of hire.At Whole
Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity
for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color,
religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any
other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires
and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the
position to be filled and business needs.Whole Foods Market works
with job sites like Indeed, LinkedIn, and ZipRecruiter to promote
opportunities at our company. Please be aware that other career
sites may not be accurate or up to date and may even be fraudulent.
We encourage and recommend all candidates to apply via our
Keywords: Whole Foods Market IP. L.P., Los Angeles , Grocery Associate Team Leader (Assistant Department Manager)-Full Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!