Customer Service Specialist
Company: Bank of Hope
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Uses excellent communication and active listening skills to
learn about the customer's financial needs, establish trust,
optimize sales opportunities, generate leads, and provide quality
- Achieves and exceeds individual and branch sales and service
targets through recommendations of new and existing products and
services (e.g. accounts, loans, and credit cards), sales referrals,
cross-selling, up-selling in a results-driven environment and
provide the great experience to every customer.
- Uses a strong knowledge in the products and services offered at
the Bank to confidently educate customers about the features,
benefits, and pricing so they are better informed with a deeper
level of understanding.
- Orders checks and makes changes to customer information in an
accurate and timely manner according to the customer's
- Provides exceptional service in handling customers in person or
over the telephone.
- Processes deposits, withdrawals, check cash, loan payments and
other transactions including but not limited to reject items and
- Involves supervisors if transactions are over authority limits
or exceptionally complex.
- Responsible for loss prevention in the processing all
transactions and duties.
- Issues cashier's checks, bank checks, money orders and
- Keeps work station neat, clean and well stocked with supplies
and brochure materials.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by supervisors may
- Night & Mail Depository
- ATM balancing
- Safe Deposit Box
- Filing signature cards and documents
- May help with a variety of audits and verifications
- Input fund holds and stop payment request to core system
- Address changes, CD renewals, etc.
- Branch back counter capture
- Miscellaneous tasks and duties associated with the operations
of a retail banking branch
- Complies with the Bank's security program, including but not
- Reviews and complies with the End-User Computing Agreement
- Acquires good knowledge on functions and usage of computer
systems as related to the assigned job functions.
- Be current and knowledgeable in industry's trend in
safeguarding the Bank against confidential data leak, identity
theft, fraudulent activities, and computer security threats.
- Reports suspicious activities to manager, Chief Risk Officer or
Information Security Officer.
- Assists with customer inquiries more than 50% of the day, ex.
reviewing reports, resolving issues, printing statements,
BSA, CRA, Fair Lending and other Compliance Responsibilities:
- Complies with BSA, CRA, fair lending, and other compliance
issues as required by policies and procedures.
- Inputs customer information to EZ teller for various
- Reports any suspicious activities to Operations Manager/ BSA
- Verifies customer name and payee/beneficiary name to OFAC, NCCT
for out-bound wire transfers and monetary instrument purchase, and
- Report matches with NCCT and OFAC to Operations Officer or
Operations Manager for further instructions. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to
communicate effectively and project a professional image when
giving and taking information in writing, in person, and over the
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries
or customer complaints. Reasoning Skills:
- Excellent analytical skills including the ability to define
problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical
instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several
abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of ethical behavior and
follow the Code of Conduct.
- Ability to remain flexible in order to adapt to changes in the
- Ability to study and apply new information.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good
time-management, problem prevention, and problem-solving
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive
- Ability to work with co-workers, customers, and outside
agencies professionally and tactfully.
- Possess a work ethic that includes neatness, punctuality, and
- Must exhibit a professional, businesslike appearance and
The salary range for this full-time position is $15 Hourly - $22
Hourly + bonus + benefits
Salary ranges are determined based on qualifications, level, and
Exact compensation may vary based on your skills and
Bank of Hope is an equal employment opportunity employer and does
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion,
age, sexual orientation, genetic information, national or ethnic
origin, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other
basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Bank of Hope, Los Angeles , Customer Service Specialist, Hospitality & Tourism , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...