SUPERVISOR - FOOD & BEVERAGE
Company: Seminole Tribe of Florida
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Seminole Classic Casino pioneered Indian gaming when it opened as
the country's first large stakes bingo hall in 1979, eventually
expanding with gaming machines and poker. The landmark casino is
now home to over 1,000 state-of-the-art, newest-title slot machines
and other local favorites such as Diamond Lottos, Fort Knox,
Pirate's Loot. The gaming leader also offers 24/7 live table game
action with games including Blackjack, Baccarat, Spanish 21, Three
Card Poker and many more. -Seminole Classic Casino also features
the Hollywood Hall entertainment pavilion and the Stage Bar, a
full-service bar that features live entertainment nightly. Patrons
can enjoy the EATstreet dining area with food options such as
Soygood, Slice and Mojoe as well as a burger and wing joint named
Our Commitment to Service:We don't have customers, we have Guests.
Each visitor is our Guest, just as you have a Guest in your home.
You take a certain level of pride when you have an invited Guest in
your home. You should take the same pride with every Guest who
visits one of our properties. Unparalleled Service isn't just a
part of our mission statement at Seminole Gaming; it's a commitment
to each and every one of our current and future Guests.
Under the direction of the Beverage Manager, the incumbent directly
assist the Food and Beverage Manager and management team to ensure
the smooth and profitable operation of the entire Seminole Classic
Casino Food and Beverage Department. Must adhere to all regulatory,
departmental and company policies and procedures. - Guide the Food
and Beverage Team by "Leading by Example." - Directs the
administration of controls for all phases of the Eat Street Food
Court/ Flying - Cow operations in an economical and profitable
manner while still maintaining established standards. - -
Essential Job Functions:
May include but are not limited to:
- Oversee all food and beverage staff
- Analyze food and beverage data
- Oversee cash handling procedures to ensure accuracy and
profitability are maintained
- Ensure outstanding customer service through customer service
training, focusing on 100% guest satisfaction -
- Act immediately on all guest complaints and take corrective
action as needed
- Must act calmly and make rational decisions when handling guest
and employee conflicts
- Ensures that the Department supports the casino by providing
outstanding service to VIP guests in the restaurant and during
- Communicates with management, other departments, and designated
personnel to address the needs of the POS system.
- Provides project leadership and project management as
- Acts immediately on all customer complaints to insure that a
correction is made whenever possible.
- Assist in guest security- authorized guests only are utilizing
- Ensure outstanding customer service through development and
implementation of customer service training, focusing on 100% guest
- Ensures all staff is ServSafe and T.I.P.S. trained as needed.
Oversees all aspects of the Supervisors Job Objectives. -
- Must present an image of excitement, enthusiasm, and outgoing
personality, while being able to project a professional
- Must be able to complete standard Seminole Tribe of Florida
forms and reports.
- Must be able to effectively coach and counsel
- Must be able to effectively communicate with guests regarding
complaints, programs, etc.
- Must be able to read, understand and explain to team member's
technical manuals and other related materials required for proper
completion of goals.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma, college degree preferred but may be waived
with extensive experience in a similar capacity.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English; excellent
- Two years of supervisory experience of at least 25 people in
both front and back of house preferred
- Computer literate in Windows Office including Excel and Word;
with the ability to learn additional software as needed.
- Two years cash handling and POS experience preferred
- TIPS certified, and possess basic mathematical skills to
include ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide specific to
- Proficient knowledge of software programs such as Microsoft
Excel and Microsoft Work.
- Working knowledge of Info Genesis preferred.
- Must be able to work in a smoking environment
- Regularly required to stand or walk, use hands to finger,
handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close,
distance, color, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Position required bending, lifting and carrying supplies and
equipment up to 50 pounds. With assistance, required to lift or
carry items in excess of 50 pounds, push or pull carts and/or
furniture weighing several hundred pounds.
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment
practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring,
training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given
to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements.
Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized
Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
As part of Seminole Gaming's employment process, final candidates
will be required to obtain gaming licensure by completing a
background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations,
prior to an offer being extended. These background checks may
include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen
For a listing of all opportunities at Seminole Gaming, please go to
Keywords: Seminole Tribe of Florida, Los Angeles , SUPERVISOR - FOOD & BEVERAGE, Hospitality & Tourism , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!