Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Lead Enterprise Architect
Location: Remote available; occasional travel
Job Overview/ Description:
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of
company. One that not only celebrated coffee and the rich
tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are
known for developing extraordinary leaders who share this passion
and are guided by their service to others.
We are seeking a Sustainability Technology Evangelist - a lead
Enterprise Architect focusing on technology strategy and
architecture to be part of Starbucks Coffee Company. This role will
chart the course for the future of Starbucks and will be
instrumental in showing the way to meet our critical corporate
goals such as People Positive, Planet Positive, and Profit
In this critical role, you will
- Support Starbucks Planet positive goals around environment
sustainability including Environment, Social and Governance (ESG),
product sustainability, climate impact, ethical sourcing and
- This includes digital platform architecture and design
encompassing multi business domains, spanning coffee farms, Global
Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Retail Stores, Product and Data
- Lead cross functional teams in developing long-range technology
architecture in anticipation of future business needs while
- Regularly advise senior leaders on strategic technology
solutions within the largest Starbucks Technology portfolio,
driving digital transformation through applications, data
analytics, AI/ML, IoT, and other key enabling technologies An ideal
person for this job
- A dynamic Technology evangelist that has strong software design
and platform architecture roots.
- Designs with digital-first mindset, past background designing
large scale tech platforms
- A sustainability visionary with experience working in/with
organizations like UN/ UNESCO/ Bill and Melinda Gates foundation/
- Master in driving hi-tech solutions addressing climate change,
environmental and social responsibility organizations and has the
ability to influence global executive leadership, as well as,
leading ground-zero engineering teams.
- Has relentless pursuit of knowledge, excellence and exemplifies
leadership in the Tech strategy space.
- Is comfortable with ambiguity and can lead through behavioral
and structural transformation
- Has entrepreneurial mindset in innovating, finding
breakthroughs and has a growth mindset Tool kits you ll need to
lead in this role
- Strong story-telling ability and willingness to navigate cross
functionally across a complex tech ecosystem
- Strong background in software engineering as well as ability to
formulate big picture business strategy
- Has led teams across business domains and technology platforms
to compose outcome-based solutions
- Build trust and relationships with multi-cultural and cross
- People-first leadership style, strong executive communications,
ability to thrive in a diverse global environment with high
- Experience leading work in Environmental sustainability, Social
responsibility and Climate sustainability If this sounds like you,
we d like to have coffee with you! Let s immerse on a journey that
shapes the future of coffee, transforming one person, one cup and
one neighborhood at a time.
- Own the technical relationship and discovery with
cross-functional leaders to create product-centric solutions to
advance the sustainability cause.
- Identify sustainability opportunities and
product/platforms/solution intersections collaboratively with
experts spanning the organization.
- Collaborate to formulate external partnerships and qualify
proposals from a technical perspective.
- Understands disruptive forces and the business s economic and
financial levers that are susceptible to digital transformation to
effectively guide technology investment decisions.
- Analyze enterprise business context (trends and business
strategy), as well as change requirements in other enterprise
architecture viewpoints, to derive the architecture future state.
This includes defining the requirements, and models that guide
technology decisions for the enterprise.
- Define high-level technology plans & capability roadmaps to
address the gaps between the current and future state.
- Assist with designing the governance activities associated with
ensuring architecture compliance.
- Define metrics to measure and demonstrate architecture solution
- Manage and continuously improve the design and implementation
of Architecture processes and artifacts.
- Lead the development of an implementation plan for the
enterprise architecture based on business requirements and the
varying Tech strategies for project-driven or product-driven
delivery teams. Education and Training and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, system analysis, or
equivalent experience required; MBA from top tier business schools
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on design and implementation of
- Minimum of 5 years as an Enterprise Architect
- Should have exposure to scale in leading complex systems,
technologies in a large enterprise
- Knowledge of all aspects of enterprise architecture
- Experience leading work in Environment, Social responsibility
and Climate Sustainability required
Required Knowledge and Skills :
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork,
facilitation, and negotiation
- Strong written, verbal communication skills along with strong
"story telling" and presentation skills
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and
short-term perspectives of situations
- Ability to estimate the impact of individual solution
- Ability to define multiple solution options to business
- Specialization in reporting, data analytics, and data
- Basic knowledge of business process re-engineering principles
- Understanding and use of Human Centered Design principles &
- Knowledge of business ecosystems, SaaS, infrastructure as a
service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), SOA, APIs, open data,
microservices, event-driven IT and predictive analytics.
- Experience and certification in TOGAF or other architecture
frameworks is preferred
- Familiarity with information management practices, system
development life cycle management, IT services management, agile
and lean methodologies, infrastructure and operations, and EA and
- Extensive experience with more than one business domain like
Supply Chain, Packaging, Finance, Customer & Retail, Store
Development, etc., with Azure/ AWS/ GCP or other cloud
Keywords: Starbucks, Los Angeles , lead architect, Hospitality & Tourism , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!