Environmental Service Worker, Housekeeping Unit
Company: Valley Presbyterian
Location: Van Nuys
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Employment Status:Full Time (72-80 Hours Per Pay Period)Job
Category:Facilities & HospitalityJOB SUMMARY:
- All employees are expected to perform their housekeeping duties
to create a very clean and comfortable atmosphere in the hospital.
The EVS Tech's job is responsible for a variety of tasks that lead
to a high level of customer satisfaction in the most cost-effective
manner with respect and dignity. Under supervision of the EVS
- At least two years working experience as an EVS Tech
- High School equivalent or comparable experience
- Must successfully complete and maintain LA City Fire Card
certification at the time of hire or within the first 30 days of
employmentDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ( These are the essential job
functions for this position. The essential functions of this job
include, but may not be limited to those listed in this job
description. Employees hired for this position must be able to
perform the essential function of this job without imposing
significant risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of
themselves or others) :
- Adheres to established Hospital/departmental policies and
procedures, objectives, Quality Assessment and Improvement Program,
Infection Assessment and Improvement Program, legal, safety,
environment control standards and Patient's Bill of Rights.
- Check EVS cart for supplies to complete work
- Check daily assignment for area that you will be working
- Maintains and cares for equipment and supplies. Documents
maintenance and repairs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Keep record of areas that have been cleaned and turn in at the
office at the end of the day
- Transport soiled linen, regular trash / biohazardous trash
SERVICE-LINE DUTIES :
- Displays proficiency in technical skills
- Applies knowledge and skills effectively to job specialty
- Participates in cross-training activities, were
- Works with lead employees in preparing for areas needing
- Check all equipment for good working condition.
- May be required to work at different assignment during the
- Make sure Patient's room is cleaned according the proper
- Assign to special project area that need attention.
- Replenish cart at the end of the day or see that equipment is
returned to the proper area.
Keywords: Valley Presbyterian, Los Angeles , Environmental Service Worker, Housekeeping Unit, Hospitality & Tourism , Van Nuys, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!