Regional Retail Sales Manager, Western Region
Company: Del Real Foods
Location: Mira Loma
Posted on: April 10, 2021
We are looking to add a talented Regional Sales Manager, Western
Region professional to a team that demonstrates passion, humility,
and commitment. Under minimal supervision, the Regional Retail
Sales Manager performs a full range of Regional Retail Sales
Manager duties and is responsible for the initiation, development,
and maintenance of significant, sustainable, and profitable
business relationships with retail chain accounts primarily
headquartered in the Western part of the United States. The target
accounts will include both established retail chains as well as
mutually agreed retailers that qualify them for targeting. This
position reports directly to the VP of Sales. ResponsibilitiesSome
of the duties of this position are those described below. This job
description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the
only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.
Employees holding this position will be required to perform any
other job-related duties as requested by management.
General Overall DutiesProfit and Sales attainment
- Responsible for developing and executing strategies to grow
- Consistently deliver key results driven by established
objectives in Retail Account sales by securing and developing
meaningful volume and long-term supply agreements.
- Develop and implement pricing strategy with assigned accounts
in order to optimize volume and revenue while maximizing the
operating profit associated with the assigned accounts.
- Work closely with internal departments (Sales, Finance,
Operations, Marketing, QA, and R&D) to optimize profitability
and reduce disruptions due to swings in demand or other business
- Supply-related forecasting of demand, the development of
long-term supply agreements, and the achievement of strategic
objectives associated with securing incremental distribution as a
foundation for growth.
- Develop effective plans to increase market penetration within
the Account segment.
- Accountability for developing relationships while also managing
a broker/distributor network.
- Direct sales forecast activities and set performance goals
accordingly to new retail customers.
- Review market analyses to determine customer needs in different
- Represent the company at trade association meetings, food
shows, tradeshows, etc. to promote production capability and
delivery based on the company's manufacturing capacity.
- Deliver sales presentations to key accounts to maintain
relationships and negotiate and close deals.
- Evaluate new market segments to develop sales strategies and
- Responsible for product manufacturing development to meet each
- Monitor accounts receivable and sales transactions, as
- Prepare reports, presentations, and budgets to top
- Monitor and evaluate competitor activity and products.
- Establishes sales strategies to drive profitable growth
including the development of defenses against competitive
- Quantifies and articulates sales information and objectives on
a regular basis upward, laterally, and downward.
- Assumes responsibility for implementing special projects as
requested by Leadership.
Specific Skills and Abilities Required
- Exceptional leadership and customer management skills.
- Superior time management skills, ability to multitask, set
priorities, and plan.
- Strong use of influencing skills to gain alignment, agreement,
and commitments (internal/external).
- Strong analytical skills: the ability to link strategies and
objectives to develop a plan.
- Excellent communication skills: the ability to send and receive
information clearly and concisely on written and oral
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as Internet
- Must be assertive, ability to work independently, solve
problems, and highly self-motivated; enjoy being a member of a
- Position requires travel depending on the needs of the
marketplace and the specified customer targets
- The position is home office based, with the requirement of
living in Southern California.
- Superior presentation skills, both in the development of
compelling stories and in presenting them at all levels within
customer and internal organization.
- Traveling required is up to 50%
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S. or B.A.) from an accredited four-year
- Minimum 4 years Retail account management
- A minimum of 4 years of fact-based direct selling
Keywords: Del Real Foods, Los Angeles , Regional Retail Sales Manager, Western Region, Hospitality & Tourism , Mira Loma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!