Area Manager - West
Company: Terumo BCT
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: February 23, 2021
At Terumo Blood and Cell Technologies, our 7,000+ global
associates proud to come to work each day, knowing that what we do
impacts the lives of patients around the world. We make medical
devices and related products that are used to collect, separate,
manufacture and process various components of blood and cells. With
our innovative technologies and service offerings, we touch a
patient's life every second of every day and are committed to
continuing to increase the number of patients we serve. With some
of the best and brightest minds in the industry, an unmatched
global footprint, comprehensive benefits and a distinct culture,
Terumo Blood and Cell Technologies is a great place to work, grow
and be part of a team that is focused on making a difference.
Consider joining our team and unlock your potential. JOB TITLE:
Area Manager--- WEST (Remote position to be based in California)
JOB SUMMARY Drives sales of Autologous Biologic products through a
distributor network, in a defined region. Responsible for building
and developing this distributor network through superior
relationships, sales tactics, provision of support services and
various programs. Provides leadership and direction to a dedicated
Territory Distributor Manager and Field Support Specialist team.
Develops and executes sales plans coordinating distributor and
Terumo Affiliate sales team. Acts as key communication link between
distributor network, support teams, sales management and marketing.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding sales targets by managing
a team of highly trained and effective Market Development Managers
(MDM AB) and Field Support Specialists (FS2), distributors and
- Accountable for the development and executions of the sales
strategy for accountable region.
- Defines and manages channel management strategy to optimize
distributor, and Terumo affiliate activities.
- Identify and onboard new distributors and negotiate contracts
to drive additional sales revenue.
- Manages and develops both support specialist and
- Monitors and analyzes indicators of business performance such
as Sales vs. Forecast (units, revenue), actual vs. plan selling
price, product mix, disposables utilization, competitor
information, and other relevant market factors.
- Drives and ensures utilization of sales tools within team
(SF.com, Miler Heiman... etc.)
- Provides input into IC development and strategic planning
- Provides feedback loop to marketing regarding competitive
position, customer requirements, potential new therapeutic uses of
- Evaluates communication and documentation programs and support
tools for effectiveness through customer and sales force feedback
as well as objective research.
- Leverages Medical Affairs, Scientific Affairs and Market Access
support per defined Terumo BCT processes.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS Education Bachelor's degree or,
equivalent of education and experience which is sufficient to
successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be
considered. Preferably in science related field. Experience Minimum
8 years of experience in sales or marketing with at least 5 years
in clinical selling or training role. 5 years Hospital sales
experience preferred. Skills
- Extensive knowledge of product applications /therapies and the
markets for which the incumbent has responsibility.
- Demonstrated leadership attributes and ability.
- Advanced sales techniques and selling skills.
- Extensive knowledge of sales/marketing strategic planning and
- Demonstrated analytical thinking skills and the ability to
solve problems and develop programs with creativity and good
- Intimate knowledge of domestic and a working knowledge of
autologous biologics worldwide marketplace dynamics and Terumo BCT
global marketing strategy (product, price, channels and
distribution, and competition)
- Ability to assess customer needs and market trends within the
context of product and business capabilities and the ability to
translate this assessment into a workable selling strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally
and in writing.
- Ability to effectively negotiate contracts Certificates,
- A valid Driver's License is required.
- Ability to complete hospital credentialing processes PHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTS Typical office environment requirements include;
reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending,
sitting, and occasional lifting up to 60 pounds. The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Additional Physical Requirements Extensive Travel required (up to
80%) Target Pay Range: $127,000.00--to--$158,800.00 - Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with
Target Bonus on Base: 0.0% At Terumo Blood and Cell Technologies,
we provide competitive total reward offerings that consist of
compensation, benefits, recognition, along with a wealth of other
well-being, work-life and recognition programs which support in
unlocking the potential for you and your family.--Included in our
expansive list of benefits offerings are multiple group medical,
dental and vision plans, a robust wellness program, life insurance
and disability coverages, also a variety of voluntary programs such
as group accident, hospital indemnity, critical illness, pet
insurance and much more.--To help you save for retirement, we offer
a 401(k) plan with a matching contribution and for work-life
balance we have vacation and sick time programs for
associates.--For us, it's about protecting the personal welfare of
our associates and their families, helping to achieve personal
goals and offering those extra touches for convenience, security
and overall peace of mind.
- Terumo Blood and Cell Technologies is part of Terumo Group,
founded in 1921 and headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.
- In 2019, Terumo Blood and Cell Technologies reached $1 billion
- We employ nearly 7,000 associates globally, with global
headquarters in Lakewood, CO, U.S., and regional headquarters in
Brussels, Buenos Aires, Singapore and Tokyo.
- We manufacture devices, disposable sets and solutions at our
facilities in Belgium, India, Japan, Northern Ireland, the U.S. and
Vietnam. Our global presence enables us to serve customers in more
than 130 countries.
- Our core values help set our direction, guide our actions and
keep us true to our corporate mission of contributing to society
- Respect - Appreciative of others
- Integrity - Guided by our mission
- Care - Empathetic to patients
- Quality - Committed to excellence
- Creativity - Striving for innovation
- We contribute to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS),
raising $1.3 million USD since 2007. We are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be
afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race,
color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national
origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental
disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable
discharge from military service. Terumo Blood and Cell Technologies
is committed to providing a safe, healthy and secure working
environment.--Our Colorado campus locations are tobacco-free
workplaces and we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform
pre-employment substance abuse testing and detailed background
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Medical, Manager, Marketing Manager, Behavioral
Health, Healthcare, Management, Marketing, Research
Keywords: Terumo BCT, Los Angeles , Area Manager - West, Hospitality & Tourism , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!