Fire Department Quality Improvement Nurse Educator
Company: University of California - Los Angeles Medical Cen
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: November 11, 2019
The UCLA Center for Prehospital Care (CPC) is the leading emergency
andnprehospital academic center on the West Coast. Since 1988, the
Center fornPrehospital Care has been creating a fund of knowledge
for the practice of prehospitalnmedicine, delivering
state-of-the-art education programs and conductingnresearch to
promote, educate and disseminatenprehospital research conducted to
advance the field of EMS. ThenCenter for Prehospital Care develops
curricula and educates students rangingnfrom EMTs and paramedics,
to law enforcement and other first responders, tonmedical students,
residents, nurses, and physicians.
The Fire Department & LawnEnforcement Continuing Education and
Quality Improvement Division is affiliatednwith over 20 state
agencies in the Los Angeles County. Nurse Educators work in
affiliated fire departmentnand law enforcement agencies providing
continuing education, qualitynimprovement and coordinating
ride-alongs to maintain the certification andnlicensure of EMTs and
paramedics, ensure compliance with the LA CountynDepartment of
Health Services, conduct pilot studies, and promote
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Actionnemployer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employmentnwithout regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gendernidentity, national origin, disability, or
protected Veteran statusQualifications
1. Currentncertification as a Registered Nurse with Mobile
Intensive Care Nurse.
2. Fiven(5) years experience in a critical care setting.
3. Twon(2) years experience as a Mobile Intensive Care Nurse.
4. PreviousnPrehospital Care Coordinator for a base hospital
5. Baccalaureate degree in health relatednfield, nursing, health
care administration, health care education, emergencynmedical
services or a related field (preferred).
6. Minimum of one (1) year teaching experiencenin emergency medical
services or equivalent health care setting.
7. Previous experience coordinating educationncourse or time
management and organizational skills.
8. Currentnprovider certification in BLS and ACLS from the American
9. Current instructor certification from thenAmerican Heart
Association in BLS, ACLS and PALS (preferred).
10. Completion of NAEMSE/NHTSA EMS educatorncourse, Firefighter
1A/1B, or American Heart Association Core instructorncourse.
11. Detailed knowledge in the cognitive,npsychomotor, and affective
objectives required for EMTs and Paramedics.
12. Detailed knowledge and experience in thenapplication and
techniques of clinical equipment and supplies.
13. Working knowledge of the different scopes ofnpractices for
EMTs, paramedics, registered nurses, and physicians.
14. Excellentncommunication and presentation skills.
15. Abilitynto translate complex concepts into understandable
16. Availablento work evenings, holidays, and/or weekends.
17. Abilitynto foster a stimulating classroom environment.
18. Skillnin working independently and following through with
19. Skillnin working as part of a team collaborating with
20. Valid unrestricted California drivers nlicense. Available to
drive personalnvehicle to off campus locations for contract
instructional assignments ornspecial projects.
21. Abilitynto provide service oriented customer assistance in a
professional and courteousnmanner.
22. Interpersonalnskills to excel in relations with supervisor,
staff, students, and thenpublic.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran
Keywords: University of California - Los Angeles Medical Cen, Los Angeles , Fire Department Quality Improvement Nurse Educator, Healthcare , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!