Infectious Disease Pharmacist
Company: University of California - Los Angeles Medical Cen
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Under the general supervision of the Director, Pharmaceutical
Services, the Infectious Diseases Pharmacist shall provide
comprehensive pharmaceutical care services, with an emphasis on
pharmacological treatment of infectious diseases. Specific
responsibilities of the Infectious Disease Pharmacist shall be to
initiate, develop, and implement utilization management programs
related to use of anti-infectives; actively participate in patient
care decisions regarding drug therapy for the treatment of
infections; participate in the teaching and research programs of
the Medical Center by providing physician, nurse, and pharmacist
education regarding the principles of appropriate use of
antimicrobials; actively participate in departmental and
interdisciplinary committees; and act as a liaison with other
departments to expedite and enforce policies and procedures related
to use of antimicrobials.
1. ASHP-Accredited Residency; advanced residency or fellowship in
infectious disease highly desirable; minimum 5 years of clinical
experience in academic medical center, with at least regional,
(preferable national), recognition.
2. Skill in establishing and maintaining alpha/numeric data
3. Proven ability in comprehension and interpretation of technical
and scientific literature.
4. Skill in writing articles, which are suitable for publication in
professional journals and departmental newsletters.
5. Ability to speak on a one-on-one basis using appropriate
professional vocabulary and grammar to obtain information, explain
policies and procedures, and to persuade others to accept or adopt
a specific opinion or action.
6. Ability to speak in front of audiences to provide educational
material and present research findings in a cogent, concise, and
7. Skill in performing accurate mathematical and statistical
8. Skill in making appropriate job-related decisions following
standard departmental and Medical Center policies.
9. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working
relationships with coworkers and other [professional staff of the
UCLA Medical Center.
10. Skill in performing job requirements with frequent
interruptions and/or distractions.
11. Ability to set priorities which accurately reflect the relative
importance of job responsibilities.
12. Skill in working independently and following through on
assignments with minimal supervision.
13. Knowledge of policies and procedures governing use and
administration of medications of the UCLA Medical Center, Human
Subjects Protection Committee, and of the Department of
14. Demonstrated skill in writing routine correspondence,
memoranda, procedures, and reports in grammatically correct
15. Skill in utilizing word processing, spreadsheet, graphical and
communication software, as well as, computer databases and other
relevant software, to enter, maintain, and retrieve
16. Ability to assess appropriateness of antimicrobial medication
orders using knowledge of medication doses, concentrations,
frequency of administration, and clinical status of patients.
17. Ability to identify, retrieve, and compile selected information
from patient's medical record for purposes of evaluation of
effectiveness/toxicity of drug therapy, drug utilization review and
18. Skills in research methodology and techniques in the areas of
pharmacokinectics, pharmacodynamics, and pharmacoeconomics.
19. Knowledge of departmental policies and procedures and
applicable state and federal regulations.
20. Knowledge and ability to perform age specific pharmacokinetic
University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or
protected veteran status. For the complete University of California
nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy, see: UC
Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy.
Keywords: University of California - Los Angeles Medical Cen, Los Angeles , Infectious Disease Pharmacist, Healthcare , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!