LVN/LPN - Orthopaedic Clinic - Full Time 8 Hour Days (Non-Exempt) (Union)
Company: University of Southern California
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Escorts patients to exam rooms, obtains and appropriately
records patient vital signs/medication list, monitors patient flow,
assists physicians with minor clinical procedures, performs EKGs,
prepares patient chart with pertinent medical information,
administers medication as directed by physician. Schedules
diagnostic tests ordered by the physician as needed. Performs
various administrative duties, including answering phone patient
calls, returning phone calls, receiving and sorting in-coming
faxes, obtaining prior authorizations. Ensures patient's right to
privacy, safety, and confidentiality is maintained. Maintains a
safe environment in accordance with standards, policies, and safety
regulations. Ensures compliance with infection control policies.
Other duties as assigned.
Under general supervision, provides day-to-day staff, logistical
and administrative assistance to the Orthopedic Clinic. Schedules
appointments; screens and refers phone calls; communicates and
interacts with patients; provides clerical and staff support to the
Department and assists with clinical operations as required and
- Uses and practices basic assessment, participates in planning,
executes interventions in accordance with the plan of care or
treatment plan, and contributes to evaluation of individualized
interventions related to the care plan or treatment plan.
- Provides direct patient care.
- Administers medications.
- Demonstrates professional communication skills for the purpose
of patient care, education and multidisciplinary team
- Schedules and receives patients.
- Prepares and maintains medical records.
- Performs basic secretarial and medical transcription
- Enter charges into the system in an accurate and timely
- Handles telephone calls and writes correspondences.
- Serves as a liaison between physicians and other
- Takes patient histories and vital signs.
- Implants an effective and efficient patient flow.
- Performs first aid and CPR if needed.
- Assists physicians with exams and treatments as permitted by
- Organize pharmacy refill request for physician approval.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting to
accomplish duties in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Req High school or equivalent
- Req Specialized/technical training Graduate from an accredited
Vocational Nursing Program
- Req Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally
and in writing.
- Req Demonstrate excellent customer service behavior.
- Req Demonstrates ability to effectively work with physicians,
staff, and patients.
- Pref 2 years Experience in an acute care or ambulatory care
- Pref LVN - Intravenous Therapy Certification (CA DCA)
- Req Licensed Vocational Nurse - LVN (CA DCA)
- Req Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider from American
- Req Fire Life Safety Training (LA City) If no card upon hire,
one must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by
renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
The hourly rate range for this position is $26.39 - $44.88. When
extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern
California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope
and responsibilities of the position, the candidate's work
experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity,
federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant
funding, as well as external market and organizational
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC
policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants
with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the
requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and
employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access
or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by
phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries
will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC's Clery Act Annual Security Report
Notice on Non-Discrimination
Certain positions are subject to background screening
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination
USC is an E-Verify Employer
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job
posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your
Keywords: University of Southern California, Los Angeles , LVN/LPN - Orthopaedic Clinic - Full Time 8 Hour Days (Non-Exempt) (Union), Healthcare , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!