Clinical Laboratory Scientist - Blood Bank - Per Diem 8 Hour Days (Non-Exempt) (Non-Union)
Company: University of Southern California
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: February 9, 2024
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist performs a variety of
standardized and highly specialized Biochemical, Hematological,
Microbiological and Blood Banking, etc. analysis in the Clinical
Laboratory. The Clinical Laboratory Scientist is responsible for
the accuracy, reliability and timeliness of patient test results
used for the diagnosis, management and treatment of patients.
- Performs a variety of manual, semi-automated and automated
Biochemical, Hematological, Microbiological and/or Blood Bank
analysis on varied patient specimens, maintaining a high degree of
accuracy , reliability and productivity.
- Recognizes normal, abnormal, unusual and critical results and
takes appropriate action as established by laboratory policy,
including appropriate considerations for the age of the
- Demonstrates proficiency in clerical and computer functions,
for communicating results and for carrying out additional clinical
and clerical duties to meet the needs of the Department.
- Assures results are available within defined TAT
- Communicates and interacts effectively with co-workers, guests
of the Institution and hospital clinical staff.
- Maintains professional growth and development.
- Participates in the Department's Quality Assurance Program and
continuing education sessions.
- Help monitor supply levels, communicating with the supervisor
for supplies that are needed, assisting in monitoring inventory, as
- Assists in training personnel.
- Functions independently in performing responsibilities,
organizing and prioritizing work, assisting others when work is
- Adheres to Safety / Infection Control guidelines using personal
protective equipment as required
- Willingness to take on new tasks and additional
- Displays flexibility to cover the lab in emergencies and
difficult staffing situations
- Obtains specimens from designated patients as necessary.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested by the
- Adheres to established Hospital and Departmental policies and
- Possesses both a theoretical and working knowledge of all
procedures and instrumentation in assigned areas.
- Understands the clinical significance of each test
- Identifies and correct problems that may adversely affect test
performance or reporting of test results.
- Adheres to, performs and documents all calibration, maintenance
and quality control as required according to the laboratory
policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Req Bachelor's degree Degree in Related field
- Req Specialized/technical training Training for California
Clinical Laboratory Scientist or California Specialty (Limited)
- Req 1 year Minimum 1 year prior experience related to clinical
laboratory to include: specialized and complex analysis, quality
control, calibration, QC evaluation, inventory control,
preventative maintenance, CLS training, and/or quality improvement.
- Req Organization/time management skills.
- Req Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication
- Req Well-developed planning, marketing, organizational
development, and business skills.
- Req The ability to work with physicians, staff and
professionals in multiple settings and locations and to promote
diversity in the workplace.
- Req Sensitivity for and understanding of academic disciplines
- Req Knowledge of GMP (good manufacturing practice in accordance
with FDA, AABB, and State requirements.
- Req Knowledge of basic computer skills including Microsoft
- Pref Clinical Laboratory Specialist in Microbiology (ASCP)
- Req Clinical Laboratory Scientist - CLS OR Limited license from
the State of California.
- Req Fire Life Safety Training (LA City) If no card upon hire,
one must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by
renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
The hourly rate range for this position is $46.00 - $76.07. When
extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern
California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope
and responsibilities of the position, the candidate's work
experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity,
federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant
funding, as well as external market and organizational
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC
policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants
with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the
requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and
employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access
or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by
phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at email@example.com. Inquiries
will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC's Clery Act Annual Security Report
Notice on Non-Discrimination
Certain positions are subject to background screening
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination
USC is an E-Verify Employer
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job
posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your
Keywords: University of Southern California, Los Angeles , Clinical Laboratory Scientist - Blood Bank - Per Diem 8 Hour Days (Non-Exempt) (Non-Union), Healthcare , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!