RN Telemetry Part Time Nights
Company: Lakewood Regional Medical Center
Posted on: February 7, 2024
Up to $12,500 Sign-On bonus for experienced Registered Nurse /
Lakewood Regional Medical Center is proud to be an integral part of
the surrounding community. From orthopedics to cardiac care to
urology, we've received many designations for quality care.
Although we appreciate these prestigious honors, we are most
honored by the opportunity to serve you and your loved ones. We're
committed to finding new ways to improve and make our hospital the
best place for patients, physicians and employees. We appreciate
the opportunity to serve you, and we are here any time you need
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching
401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous
tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select
RN Telemetry Position Summary:
The Registered Professional Nurse is responsible for the delivery
of patient care, utilizing the nursing process for assessment,
planning, implementation and evaluation while meeting competently
all safe expectations of a nurse.
Technical and Job Specific Skill:
- Telephone Skills: Must demonstrate hospital telephone etiquette
by answering the phones promptly, courteously and by identifying
department and self.
- Policy/Procedures: Is aware of and follows all hospital and
department policies and procedures.
- Teamwork: Promotes positive co-worker relationships through
teamwork and cooperation. Understands and supports the needs of
individuals in other departments and promotes conflict resolution.
Shares information, work knowledge and experience with co-workers,
physicians, and students in a non-threatening manner. Offers
assistance and promptly responds to requests.
- Productivity: Maintains high productivity and performs
efficiently regardless of whether the work volume is high or low.
Appropriately prioritizes work activities. Responds to difficult
situations with self-control and a positive attitude. Makes
decisions independently and knows when to ask for assistance.
Exercises good judgment and arrives at sound decisions.
- Functions independently on usual unit. Seeks guidance when
new/complex situations occur.
- Demonstrates clinical competency and technical skills for
general and specialty population.
- Floats to other areas outside of expertise with orientation &
adjusted assignment based on validated competency (DOU to
- Cares for patients of varied acuity levels.
- Applies theoretical knowledge in clinical practice for the
assessment of patients. Applies assessment skills to patient
- Consistently identifies obvious and subtle patient/ family
- Develops and implements age/culturally appropriate care plan
with patient and family.
- Contributes to written plan of care for actual and potential
- Develops & implements nursing interventions with patient and
- Participates in interdisciplinary patient rounds.
- Interprets and reports obvious and subtle data which indicate
that the patient may be at immediate physiological risk.
- Evaluate outcomes with the individual and family and revises
plan of care. Evaluates patient's response to treatments, further
intervenes, if necessary.
- Identifies subtle educational needs for pt/family.
Individualizes and implements established teaching plans using
available instructional materials. Evaluates learning and seeks
consultation to modify education plan.
- Safely administers medications and IVs appropriately, according
to hospital policy and procedures.
- Meets care needs for patient and family, including age specific
requirements, cultural and religious needs.
- Delegates and supervises assigned assistants based on job
description and Scope of Practice. Provides constructive feedback
to assistant regarding work performance.
- Attends 50 % of Staff meetings. Participates in meetings.
Supports unit goals.
- Knows and recognizes importance of hospital PI process.
Participates in data collection and problem
- Provides feedback to appropriate committees regarding practice
issues, process improvement. Attends at least one additional
- Able to discuss current care delivery system.
- Implements hospital policies & procedures. Refers to P&P
manuals or consults charge nurse or manager when unfamiliar
situation occurs. Forwards concerns/issues regarding policies to
appropriate leadership personnel.
- Enhances self-development in own area of practice. Identifies,
develops and implements an action plan for self-development along
with nurse manager or designee during evaluation process.
- Participates in learning activities to obtain skills needed for
- Demonstrates positive image of nursing while practicing on the
- Meets minimum scheduling requirements. Willing to adjust
personal schedule to meet department/ hospital need.
- Attends all mandatory courses as designated by the
- Assists in the development of LVN and unlicensed personnel.
Addresses issues as identified and communicates to subordinates. If
needed, obtains assistance from more experienced staff.
- Recognizes the importance of practice trends in nursing and
participates in data collection.
- Assesses patient/family understanding of their rights.
- Acts to uphold patient rights.
- Treats all patients, families and co-workers in a polite and
- Encourages participation in decision making.
- Recognizes barriers to communication and seeks expertise to
- Implements caring and supportive care.
Performs any other duties or responsibilities that may be
RN Telemetry candidate will possess the following
education, licenses/certifications, and experience:
- Current RN License
- Current BLS Provider
- Acute hospital experience
Current unit certifications as indicated below:
ACLS: Required - New Grads are required to get ACLS within
successful completion of the Nursing orientation program.
Training and/or experience:
Basic Critical Care Course or equivalent on the job training as
validated by competency assessment.
Unit Specific Technical Skills:
- Knowledge of cardiac monitoring and basic arrhythmia
- Care of patients with chest pain.
- Competent in care of patients post critical care: Acute MI,
CABG, post pacemaker insertion, or other cardiac surgery, or
- Competent to care for patient receiving moderate sedation
- Competent to care for patient receiving cardio version
- Competent to administer cardiac medication safely.
Pay Range: $45.00 Minimum - $72.44 Maximum an hour
Individual wages are determined based upon a number of factors
including, but not limited to, an individual's qualifications and
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding
mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this
position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will
be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval
of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If
you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will
be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the
2403002679Employment practices will not be influenced or affected
by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue
Keywords: Lakewood Regional Medical Center, Los Angeles , RN Telemetry Part Time Nights, Healthcare , Lakewood, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!