Sales Executive, Urology & Gynecology - Lexington, KY
Company: KARL STORZ Endoscopy - America
Location: El Segundo
Posted on: February 7, 2024
I. Job Purpose
Effectively consult, manage and sell the complete range of KARL
STORZ Urology & Gynecology endoscopic products, solutions and
services to meet customer requirements as well as KSEA growth
targets within a defined territory. As a U/G Sales Executive, you
represent KARL STORZ as a product/market/solutions oriented
consultant at all sites of care; to include hospitals, surgery
centers, clinics, and physician offices.
Our Sales Executive is responsible for the solicitation of orders
for specific KSEA products, specialties, and services, the
representation of the company in an appropriately professional
manner in accordance with company policies in the assigned
geographic area, and for maintaining an awareness of local
competitive conditions and promptly reporting them to
This position will support the Urology & Gynecology group. The
hired candidate is required to live in Lexington, KY area.
II. Job Duties
- Responsible for the achievement of assigned annual quota.
- Maintain and grow market share of all designated product
- Aggressively pursue new customers.
- Prepare and maintain an annual working sales plan to include
analysis and forecasting specifying activities/efforts that
contribute to company goals/quota attainment.
- Address customer complaints in a timely manner and in
accordance with established company policy.
- Promptly advise management of any situation beyond his/her
scope of responsibility
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with
nurses, key physicians, materials management, and administrative
personnel, and accounts, which are essential to the company's
- Provide dependable service after sale to ensure customer
satisfaction and long-term reliability of all KSEA products
- Effectively present product features, benefits, and procedural
- Aggressively support all promotional activities initiated by
KSEA that are related to designated product specialties and product
- Assist in the field training of another salesperson, as
requested. Maintain sales samples in the best possible working
condition; through cleaning and polishing, provide them with a
"like new" appearance.
- Accountability for all samples provided by KSEA
- Be alert to all competitive products - design, pricing,
promotions - and keep management informed in a timely manner. When
appropriate, recommend the addition of new products and/or
modification or new application of existing products to
- Maintain up-to-date customer records and any other records, as
required, by company policy/instruction. Submit any special reports
related to the operation of the territory, as required.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, training programs and
conventions, as directed. Also submit complete and informative
meeting/convention reports, as requested by manager or executive,
in a timely manner.
- Maintain an awareness of likely candidates for the Salesforce
and call any such individual(s) to the attention of the Region
- Complete and submit expense reports in a timely manner and in
accordance with company policy.
- Comply with all company policies, instructions, and directives
for the fulfillment of company objectives.
III. Minimum Knowledge, Education and Skill Requirements
Minimum years of relevant work experience: 2-4 years of experience
of sales experience, B2B preferably medical device
Minimum education, certifications and/or credentials: Bachelor's
degree or 2-4 years of B2B sales experience
Minimum hard skill requirements (including computer and application
Minimum soft skill requirements:
- Understands market & industry trends, thinking strategically
about account planning. Coordinates internally to resolve
- Ability to a rticulate KSEA's value proposition through
alignment of products/solution with specific account needs
- Engages and establishes trust/credibility with key stakeholders
- Understands needs and develops opportunities through account
planning and consistent communication with stakeholders
- Ability to gain deep understanding of KSEA products / solution
creation and ability to align appropriately to account
IV. Essential Function
Must be able to maintain productive working relationships and treat
fellow employees with respect.
Has contact with: External customers and internal departments.
- Regular handling, demonstrating, installing, packaging,
transporting, carrying of Company medical equipment individually
weighing 1 - 35lbs (employee to request additional human or
mechanical assistance if ever asked to help move or handle
equipment exceeding 40lbs, or whenever the employee is
uncomfortable with any weight over 25lbs)
- Extensive walking, standing, and potential stair climbing (as
needed) within customer sites
V. Core Requirements
- Degree of accountability: High
- Degree of decision making: Medium
- Financial/Budgetary: No
- Safety: This is a safety sensitive job.
- Quality: Adhere to KSEA Quality Requirements
- Supervision: No
- Authority to Sign (not applicable for North America): No
- Minimum 30 hours per week on the road visiting local customer
medical sites (hospitals, surgery centers, emergency rooms,
doctors' offices, etc.)
- This position requires daily driving to geographically
dispersed accounts. If the candidate intends to drive a
privately-owned vehicle, candidates must have a valid driver's
license in the state where the vehicle will be operated or in the
state of residence.
- May require domestic travel to corporate offices or other
similar locations up to 10% of the year
- Medical / Dental / Vision including a state-of-the-art wellness
program and pet insurance, too!*
- 3 weeks vacation, 11 holidays plus paid sick time*
- Up to 8 weeks of 100% paid company parental leave**
- 401(k) retirement savings plan providing a match of 60% of the
employee's first 6% contribution (up to IRS limits)
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
- We prepay your tuition up to $5,250 per year! - Tuition
- Fitness reimbursement of up to $200 annually
- Employee referral program of up to $2,000 per hire
- And much more!
*Field sales, internships, and part-time employees are not eligible
except where required by state law.
Non-employees, including temporary workers and consultants, are not
eligible to participate in the KARL STORZ benefits program.
**To include, maternal/paternal leave, adoption, and fostering of a
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee's
job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during
the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its
supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside
their normal description within the sole discretion of the
supervisor. Employees must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ
policies and procedures.
Credentialing requirements at KARL STORZ
KARL STORZ is committed to maintaining a safe work environment for
our employees and customers. Most field-based roles at KARL STORZ
require hospital credentialing/health screens as a condition of
employment. Credentialing can include required vaccinations, health
screens & other requirements as outlined by our customers. During
the interview process, we encourage you to ask how
credentialing/health screens may impact the role you are seeking
and if you require any reasonable accommodations regarding these
The pay range and/or hourly pay rate listed is a good faith
determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to
a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job
posting and may be modified in the future. When determining a
specific team member's base salary and/or hourly pay rate, several
factors will be considered including such things as location,
specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education,
professional credentials, internal equity, and the amount budgeted
for the role.
Equal Employment Opportunity & Reasonable Accommodation
KARL STORZ is committed to creating an inclusive space where
employees are valued for their skills and unique experiences. To
achieve this goal, we are committed to diverse voices, and all
applicants will receive consideration without regard to race,
color, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any
other protected characteristic. KARL STORZ is also committed to
providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process.
Should you need assistance or accommodation please email us at
Get in Contact
Keywords: KARL STORZ Endoscopy - America, Los Angeles , Sales Executive, Urology & Gynecology - Lexington, KY, Healthcare , El Segundo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!