Registered Nurse RN Surgery Center
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: November 20, 2023
This is a full time RN position in our Los Angeles, CA surgery
center.$10,000 Sign On BonusQuarterly bonus opportunityHours are
Monday through Friday 7:30am to 4:00pm.No evenings, weekends or
call. No major holidays!Excellent benefits: Medical, dental,
prescription, vision, paid maternity & paternity leave, 401K w/
match, PTO, tuition assistance, -life insurance, Long Term and
Short Term disability, Flexible Spending for Healthcare, -Dependent
Care & Commuter Expenses
PURPOSE AND SCOPE: Supports FMCNA's mission, vision, core values
and customer service philosophy. - Adheres to the FVC/FMCNA
Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FVC/FMS
policy requirements. Provides direct nursing care pre, during and
post procedure, under the direction of the Facility Manager and/or
Charge Registered Nurse, utilizing standard nursing techniques to
assist the physician in optimum patient outcomes following facility
policies and procedures. - PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for supporting and driving FVC quality standards
through meeting regulatory and accrediting body requirements and
the practice of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI), including use
of FVC/FMS CQI - - - - - - tools.
- Assists with implementation of FVC quality goals and facility
specific action plans in order to achieve FVC quality
- Accountable for outstanding quality of patient care, as defined
by the FVC quality goals, to ensure that FVC/FMC policies and
procedures are followed.
- Responsible for addressing and acting on adverse events and
action thresholds in collaboration with facility management.
- Maintains integrity of medical records and other FVC
administrative and operational records.
- Complies with all data collection and auditing activities.
- Maintains facility environmental integrity and safety.PATIENT:
- Obtains necessary medical history, discusses procedure and
answers questions, and performs nursing assessment on the day of
- Provides education to patients and patient's family regarding
post procedure care of vascular access.
- Monitors patient condition before, during and after the
procedure, especially patients having moderate sedation and
contrast media injections for possible complications or
- Acts as a resource for the patient to address patient concerns
- Identifies and communicates patient related issues to facility
management, as needed.
- Completes documentation of patient information from admission
to discharge in an accurate manner.
- Confirm written orders, consents and lab work are completed and
documented in accordance with facility policies. This includes
appropriate preparation of lab requisitions; delivery to
appropriate labs; reporting and forwarding of lab results to
- Maintains competency with all emergency operational procedures,
and initiates CPR and emergency measures, as needed.
- Administers medications and IV moderate sedation to patients as
directed per physician's orders, and in compliance with FVC,
company, federal, state and local regulations.
- Acts as scrub technologist to assist the physician during
procedure as needed; maintaining a sterile technique.
- Assists with patient workflow by transporting patients as
- Performs point - of - care laboratory testing as directed per
physician's orders and in compliance with FVC, company, federal,
state and local regulations.
- Performs IV insertion as per physician orders.
- Performs additional tasks as designated by Physician,
practicing in compliance with state regulations. - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - PHYSICIANS:
- Provides regular and effective communication with physicians on
an as needed basis.
- Attends and participates in CQI meetings with physicians,
reporting on assigned topics.
- May assist facility management in working with the physicians
and staff to verify all necessary instruments and equipment.
- Assists the physician in completing and reporting state
required adverse event reports and reporting internally as per
FVC/FMC policy and procedure.MAINTENANCE/TECHNICAL:
- Operates appropriate facility equipment and technology,
including but not limited to, patient monitors, defibrillators,
medical recording devices, sterilizers and computers in a safe and
- Inspects operation of all facility equipment and reports
malfunctions, and maintenance needs to ensure the safe and
effective operation of all vascular access equipment.
- Inspects operation of all facility operating systems, including
temperature checks in appropriate areas and physical structure of
the facility and reports any issues to the Facility Manager.
- Ensures a clean, safe and sanitary environment in the vascular
access facility at all times.
- Ensures all blood spills are immediately addressed according to
the FVC/FMCNA Bloodborne Pathogen Control Policies. - - - - - - - -
- - ADMINISTRATIVE:
- Assists with efficient utilization of medication, laboratory,
inventory, supplies and equipment to achieve supply cost goals
following all guidelines established in the FVC/FMS
- May assist in the development and revision of any applicable
policies and procedures related to the facility to ensure
continuous process improvement.
- Assists with Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) activities
including monthly reports and attending meetings as required.
- Assists with maintaining medication supply, including inventory
control, checking for expired medications, and ensuring appropriate
recording of controlled substances as required by law.
- Completes usage logs for all medications with appropriate
documentation, as well as, records of drug disposal in accordance
with local, state, and federal law. -
- Assists with maintaining facility supply inventory, including
ordering and restocking of supplies as needed.
- Examines emergency equipment and supplies, including stocking
of the crash cart on a regular basis.
- Completes medical records in an accurate manner in compliance
with FVC policies and procedures prior to discharge of the patient.
- Perform chart audits on a regular basis.
- May participate in facility regulatory and accreditation
surveys and action plans to address any deficiencies.
- Completes state required records for all implanted devices in
an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with FVC/FMS
records management guidelines.
- Participates in staff meetings, training and orientation as
- Complies with HIPPA policies and standards regarding patient
information and medical records.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct
- Other duties as assigned. -PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. - Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and
interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. - The
position provides direct patient care that regularly involves heavy
lifting and moving of patients, and assisting with ambulation. -
Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide assistance. -
- The position requires frequent prolonged periods of standing
and the employee must be able to bend over. - The employee may
occasionally be required to move, with assistance, patients and
equipment of up to 200 lbs. There is a two-person assist program
and material assist devices for the heavier items.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care
facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels.
May be exposed to infectious, contagious diseases/materials and
radiation. - May be required to wear protective gear in procedure
rooms for extended periods of time. EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma required; Associate's Degree desirable; and
Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing (R.N.)
- Current appropriate state licensure and ACLS certification
required. - - - - - - - EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- 4 - 6 years' related experience.
- Ambulatory Surgical Center/Vascular Access, Cardiac Cath Lab,
or a combination of ASC, surgical, Interventional Radiology and
ICU/CCU or emergency department experience preferred.
- Proficient in the use of computers and related software such as
Microsoft Office is necessary.
- Proficient in IV insertion.
- Proficient in cardiac rhythm recognition.
- Experience with Medical database software.EO/AA Employer:
Identity - - - Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a
drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state
laws."The rate of pay for this position will depend on the
successful candidate's work location and qualifications, including
relevant education, work experience, skills and competencies and
may fall outside of the range shown.
Hourly Rate: - $39.00 - $66.00"
Keywords: FRESENIUS, Los Angeles , Registered Nurse RN Surgery Center, Healthcare , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!