Surgical Operational Efficiency Specialist - Surgery Support - Medical Device - Houston, TX
Company: KARL STORZ Endoscopy - America
Location: El Segundo
Posted on: November 19, 2023
The KARL STORZ Surgical Operational Efficiency Specialist (SOES) is
a trained Specialist with M.I.S equipment and devices and an
integral member of the KARL STORZ Service team providing support in
the Houston, TX area. The SOES is responsible for the management
and troubleshooting of these devices (including hand instruments,
video equipment, and the integrated Operating Room (OR1) within
their assigned hospital.
SOES positions often pave the way to internal career advancement
opportunities in areas such as Sales, Marketing, Leadership, and
- Face-to-face customer support, including OR, SPD, and
- Preventative maintenance and management of endoscopy products
so that they are always in good working order and ready for use
including documentation of their functionality
- Monitoring, reporting, and facilitating repair/exchange
- Keeping repairs and replacement equipment expenses within a
predetermined budget for the account.
- Training and education for the OR, SPD, and supporting
- Designing process improvements to improve efficiencies and
reduce repair costs
- Identifying opportunities to reduce instrument damage and
related repair costs
- Gathering detailed usage and repair data
- Identifying and implementing reusable strategies
- Communicating effectively with a diverse clientele including
good written and oral communication skills as well as good
interpersonal skills are required.
- Performing complex and time-critical tasks with optimum
effectiveness and efficiency with little or no supervision in
- The SOES will be part of an operations team tasked with
providing the customer with cost-reduction initiatives and value
well beyond the tasks listed above.
- This role will include all aspects of the implementation of
reusable M.I.S. products from training to procedural support.
- The candidate will also be responsible for capturing procedural
and device usage data. While analysis of the data will not be
necessary, they must have a strong comprehension of the data that
- In some accounts, the SOES will also be responsible for the
transporting, cleaning, and packaging of instruments after use.
At its core, the SOES program's goal is to manage M.I.S. devices
and facilitate and expedite successful M.I.S. procedures, thus
allowing the surgeon and staff to focus on the patient and not on
equipment and related issues.
- Level of accountability: Generally independent but
- Level of decision making: Specialized tasks
- Supervision: Does not supervise others directly
- Financial/Budgetary: Little or no financial impact on revenues
- Has contact with KSEA internal staff, other team members, and
- Physical Requirements: Considerable mental and physical
- Travel: Up to 5% of travel during the year
- Ability to work on-call weekends/evening hours (rotating
schedule across the team)
- Must be able to lift/push/pull up to 25lbs
- A minimum education level of a high school diploma with related
experience; a higher degree preferred
- Preferred 2-4 years experience in surgical technology or
central sterile experience or previous work history in medical
sales or services management
- Medical / Dental / Vision including a state-of-the-art wellness
program and pet insurance, too!*
- 3 weeks vacation, 11 holidays plus paid sick time*
- Up to 8 weeks of 100% paid company parental leave**
- 401(k) retirement savings plan providing a match of 60% of the
employee's first 6% contribution (up to IRS limits)
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
- We prepay your tuition up to $5,250 per year! - Tuition
- Fitness reimbursement of up to $200 annually
- Employee referral program of up to $2,000 per hire
- And much more!
*Field sales, internships, and part-time employees are not eligible
except where required by state law.
Non-employees, including temporary workers and consultants, are not
eligible to participate in the KARL STORZ benefits program.
**To include, maternal/paternal leave, adoption, and fostering of a
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee's
job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during
the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its
supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside
their normal description within the sole discretion of the
supervisor. Employees must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ
policies and procedures.
Credentialing requirements at KARL STORZ
KARL STORZ is committed to maintaining a safe work environment for
our employees and customers. Most field-based roles at KARL STORZ
require hospital credentialing/health screens as a condition of
employment. Credentialing can include required vaccinations, health
screens & other requirements as outlined by our customers. During
the interview process, we encourage you to ask how
credentialing/health screens may impact the role you are seeking
and if you require any reasonable accommodations regarding these
The pay range and/or hourly pay rate listed is a good faith
determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to
a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job
posting and may be modified in the future. When determining a
specific team member's base salary and/or hourly pay rate, several
factors will be considered including such things as location,
specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education,
professional credentials, internal equity, and the amount budgeted
for the role.
Equal Employment Opportunity & Reasonable Accommodation
KARL STORZ is committed to creating an inclusive space where
employees are valued for their skills and unique experiences. To
achieve this goal, we are committed to diverse voices, and all
applicants will receive consideration without regard to race,
color, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any
other protected characteristic. KARL STORZ is also committed to
providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process.
Should you need assistance or accommodation please email us at
Get in Contact
Keywords: KARL STORZ Endoscopy - America, Los Angeles , Surgical Operational Efficiency Specialist - Surgery Support - Medical Device - Houston, TX, Healthcare , El Segundo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!