Per Diem Sr. Echocardiographic Tech - Cardiology
Company: University of California
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Description Under the supervision of the UCLA Cardiac Imaging
Physicians, you will perform all 2-dimensional echoes, M-mode, and
Doppler studies. Notifies (By Pager) Cardiac Imaging Physicians for
any URGENT and/or Pre-Operative Echo Readings. Prepare preliminary
interpretation of those studies. Prepare and maintain records
pertinent to echo studies. Perform other duties as assigned and
directed by the UCLA Cardiac Imaging Physicians and Manager.
May become career
Salary range: $63.83-$63.83 Hourly Qualifications Required:
* Successful completion of a cardiac echocardiography technology
* BLS from American Heart Association or American Red Cross
* Knowledge and ability to apply knowledge of cardiac anatomy,
physiology, and pathophysiology.
* Ability to apply theory to practice in the application of
ultrasound technique to the clinical evaluation of the target
* Ability to push the 500+ lb. echo machine for distances up to 100
feet within the office.
* Skill and manual dexterity to manipulate transducer and buttons,
and knobs on the echo machine to obtain optimal studies.
* Knowledge, skill, and ability to use P.C. and word processing
software to generate written preliminary reports.
* Knowledge, skill, and ability to make preliminary evaluations of
echo studies to generate written preliminary reports.
* Ability to prepare and maintain log of procedures, track charge
documents, compare activity records, and determine that all studies
are billed and collected for.
* Ability to work independently and complete tasks in a timely
manner with minimal to no direction.
* Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with
patients, physicians, nurses, staff, and others in a professional
and courteous manner.
* Ability to read, interpret, apply, and/or follow physician
orders, policies, procedures, or written and verbal
* Ability to deliver basic cardiac life support (BCLS).
* Ability to be Registered (ARDMS or CCI) in adult cardiac
echocardiography within six months of employment.
* According to IAC new standards:
* New graduates of a cardiac ultrasound program who are employed in
an accredited facility must obtain an appropriate credential within
one year from the date of graduation. These individuals must be
listed on the application as provisional technical staff who are
eligible for credentialing, and must only work under appropriate
supervision of a credentialed sonographer
* Individuals employed in an accredited facility who are
cross-training in echocardiography or working to fulfill clinical
experience pre-requisites for a credentialing examination must
obtain an appropriate credential within two years from the start
date of training. These individuals must be listed on the
application as provisional technical staff who are eligible for
credentialing, and must only work under appropriate supervision of
a credentialed sonographer.
Keywords: University of California, Los Angeles , Per Diem Sr. Echocardiographic Tech - Cardiology, Healthcare , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!