Registered Nurse - 7N Ortho Care - 12hr Nights- $10,000 Hiring Incentive!
Posted on: September 22, 2023
Make a difference every single day
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the
lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second
matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion and dedication
pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it's just one of the many reasons
we've achieved our fifth consecutive Magnet designation for nursing
excellence. From working with a team of dedicated healthcare
professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you'll have
everything you need to do something incredible-for yourself, and
for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has
named us one of America's Best Hospitals!
7North is our 64-bed Orthopedic (Ortho) unit. We specialize in
providing quality care for orthopedic surgery, injury and disease,
specifically, joint replacement, orthopedic oncology, geriatric
fracture and trauma. We also provide overflow for spine and general
surgery as well as medical patients.
As a Registered Nurse on 7North, you are responsible and
accountable for the application of the nursing process and the
delivery of patient care for the specialty patient population. You
- Provide and accurately document direct and indirect patient
care services that ensures the safety, comfort, personal hygiene,
and protection of patients in a timely manner
- provide patient education on disease prevention and restorative
- provide administration of medications and therapeutic agents
necessary to implement treatment, disease prevention, or
rehabilitative plan of care.
- perform skin tests, immunizations, phlebotomy and the
initiation of peripheral venous access.
- observe and assess signs and symptoms of illness, reactions to
medications/treatments, general behavior, and/or general physical
condition to determine normal versus abnormal characteristics and
initiate emergency procedures when indicated.
- plan and implement individualized patient care based on
observations. Implements appropriate reporting, referrals and care
in accordance with standardized procedures while providing care to
special patient populations and patients with diverse cultural
- identify patients' readiness for learning and their ability to
follow directions/instructions and give consent while identifying
and assessing patient safety concerns with respect to age and
- demonstrate the knowledge and the ability to identify and make
special adjustments as required to the specific populations' needs,
including cultural, spiritual, age, psychosocial, communication,
gender, sexual orientation, economic, education, family and
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus. See our
website for details: Educational Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program. BSN or higher
- Current California State RN License required
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
- Specialty Certification preferred (external applicants may
obtain within one year of hire)
- Minimum 3 years recent acute RN experience in specialty. Note:
(minimum 1 year recent acute RN experience will be considered for
Registered Nurse II)
- Working knowledge of applicable Standards of Practice.
- Demonstrated dedication to customer service and ability to meet
the needs and expectations of patients and health care
Working Title: Registered Nurse - 7N Ortho Care - 12hr Nights-
$10,000 Hiring Incentive!Department: Ortho Care 7NeBusiness Entity:
Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterJob Category: NursingJob Specialty:
NursingPosition Type: Full-timeShift Length: 12 hour shiftShift
Type: NightBase Pay:$49.04 - $78.46
Keywords: Cedars-Sinai, Los Angeles , Registered Nurse - 7N Ortho Care - 12hr Nights- $10,000 Hiring Incentive!, Healthcare , Lawndale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!