Director, Surgical Marketing: Procedural & Clinical
Company: KARL STORZ Endoscopy - America
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Company: KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc. (KSEA)
Job Code: 13441
Pay Grade: US-C21
Salary Range: $142,600 - $239,600
KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG based in Tuttlingen, Germany, is a
family-owned, global company committed to benefiting humanity by
advancing medical technology through innovation and education.
For more than 75 years, KARL STORZ has been dedicated to earning
its international reputation as a leader that designs, engineers,
manufactures, and markets all its products with an emphasis on
visionary design, precision craftsmanship, and clinical
We are seeking to hire a Director, Surgical Marketing: Procedural &
Clinical. This position is in the technology vertical of a leading
medical device organization. This role will lead a team of
multi-specialty marketing professionals and develop skills amongst
that team to address new and emerging trends. You will develop and
deploy strategies & content to grow and drive market share growth
of the total General Surgery, Thoracic, Proctology & Arthroscopic
The selected candidate will be a marketing team leader for the
associated clinical spaces, leading customer & market trend
understanding, content development, and market share growth to
drive portfolio sales and profitability. Our candidate should have
the background to lead and develop a diverse team, given new and
emerging trends & strategies.
Our hired candidate will have the desire to win, drive market share
and collaborate should fuel behavior. Our candidate will work on an
evolving portfolio and help to contribute to a customer's &
patient's clinical, operational & financial experience should drive
motivation in applying.
- Proven success in leading downstream marketing teams
- Establish and track metrics to hold the marketing team
accountable for their performance against goals and
- Effectively motivate a team and inspire collaboration and
- Global & Local Strategy Alignment
- Understanding & prioritization of Customer needs
- Team strategy development Marketing
- Assess needs for marketing research and analysis, including the
(VOC) voice of the customer.
- Identify important, non-obvious customer insights and turn them
into new product concepts
- Lead the development, testing, and implementation of brand
messaging, campaigns, and marketing materials
- Develop and execute annual marketing plans and
- Inspire creativity & collaborate globally Strategy
- Develop and deploy strategy across Clinical areas of
responsibility given the trends related to the General Surgery,
Thoracic, Proctology & Arthroscopy portfolios, specifically
considering trends within Robotic surgery.
- Evolve a Key Opinion Leader partnership strategy
- Lead team in Product launch (Capital, Disposable, Software)
strategy and execution
- Collaborate with the Revenue Operations department to develop
revenue generation models that meet customers' needs
- Continually maintain portfolio prioritization and product
- Collaborates cross-functionally
- Ability to lead & work collaboratively across all US corporate
functions, including Enterprise Sales & Service, Revenue
Operations, other Marketing Specialties, Medical Affairs, and
- Ability to lead & work strategically with the Sales
Organization to understand our internal-customer needs and also be
acutely in tune with the Customer needs
- Ability to lead & work effectively with Global Marketing and
Product Management/Development organizations related to global
campaigns, roadmap planning, etc. Other functions:
- Talent acquisition
- Development of team skills & competencies
- Regular Feedback, Coaching & Reinforcement
- Teaming Marketing Leadership:
- Eye for creativity
- Marketing expertise in downstream strategies
- Collaboration globally in US Market needs Market Understanding:
- Understanding Customer needs
- Clinical understanding
- Portfolio positioning
- Opportunity Gap Assessment & share analysis
- KOL relationship development Trends and Strategy:
- Understanding & Application of trends around Open, Laparoscopic
& Robotic surgery
- Understanding & Application of trends related to Artificial
Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML)
- Understanding & Application of trends around Fluorescence
guided surgery, multispectral imaging, and marker-free
- Understanding & Application of trends related to reusable vs.
single-use products and technologies.
- Understanding & Application of trends related to shifting sites
- Development of strategies that can be executed &
operationalized given key trends Requirements
- Bachelor's degree; Master's degree a plus
- 15+ years of medical sales and/or marketing experience;
experience in minimally invasive endoscopic surgery and robotics
- Minimum of 3 years in direct management of marketing
- Experience in the management of direct reports within
- Previous experience selling or marketing reusable medical
instruments and disposables. Experience with capital equipment,
software & Service, and associated revenue generation models
- Proven mastery in writing, presentation, and communication
- Proven experience demonstrating proficiency in Marketing
Principles, concepts, and methodologies.
- Proven experience demonstrating proficiency in market research
and sales forecasting principles and methodologies.
- Excellence in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel,
- Possess exceptional organizational skills and the ability to
- Demonstrated strong professional spoken and written skills in
communication with team, coworkers, and customers.
- Experience working with Third-party manufacturers/Agencies is a
- Experience working with other people leaders throughout the
company on organization-wide projects is a must.
- Demonstrated proficiency in project managing
cross-collaborative projects involving stakeholders from IT,
Regulatory, Sales, Marketing, Product/Program Development,
- Medical device marketing/product management experience;
experience in General Surgery, Thoracic, Proctology and
Arthroscopic Clinical specialties preferred.
- Ability to do work that may require lifting heavy objects in
excess of 25 pounds.
- Travel requirement is 30%.
The salary range and/or hourly pay rate listed is a good faith
determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to
a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job
posting and may be modified in the future. When determining a
specific team member's base salary and/or hourly pay rate, several
factors will be considered including such things as location,
specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education,
professional credentials, internal equity, and the amount budgeted
for the role.
Credentialing requirements at KARL STORZ
KARL STORZ is committed to maintaining a safe work environment for
our employees and customers. Most field-based roles at KARL STORZ
require hospital credentialing/health screens as a condition of
employment. Credentialing can include required vaccinations, health
screens & other requirements as outlined by our customers. During
the interview process, we encourage you to ask how
credentialing/health screens may impact the role you are seeking
and if you require any reasonable accommodations regarding these
Employee Benefits Program Overview for U.S. Locations
- Medical / Dental / Vision including a state-of-the-art wellness
program and pet insurance, too!
- 3 weeks vacation, 11 holidays plus paid sick time
- Up to 8 weeks of 100% paid company parental leave
- 401K retirement savings plan providing a match of 60% of the
employee's first 6% contribution
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
- We prepay your tuition up to $5,200 per year! - Tuition
- Fitness reimbursement of up to $200 annually
- Employee referral program of up to $2,000 per hire
- And much more! Field sales, internships, and part-time
employees are not eligible except where required by state law.
Non-employees, including temporary workers and consultants, are not
eligible to participate in the KARL STORZ benefits program.
To include, maternal/paternal leave, adoption, and fostering of a
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee's
job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during
the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its
supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside
their normal description within the sole discretion of the
supervisor. Employees must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ
policies and procedures.
Equal Employment Opportunity & Reasonable Accommodation Statement .
click apply for full job details
Keywords: KARL STORZ Endoscopy - America, Los Angeles , Director, Surgical Marketing: Procedural & Clinical, Healthcare , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!