Registered Nurse RN OR Operating Room Per Diem
Company: Kindred Hospital Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: September 21, 2023
At Kindred Healthcare It Starts With Me.
Our commitment is to deliver excellence and an empathetic human
experience to every patient, every family member, every employee,
every time. We do this through our Core Values which help in
guiding our work every day.
Registered Nurse - Advanced Skills / -ICU Registered Nurse / ICU
Summary: Provides quality patient care to critically ill patients,
through the nursing process of Assessment, Planning, Intervention,
and Evaluation. - Serves as a patient advocate at all times. -
Supervises the nursing care provided to each patient by other
caregivers. - Develops the plan for nursing care as a result of
coordination with the patient, family and staff of other
disciplines as necessary. Applies critical thinking in order to
promote positive clinical outcomes. - Ensures patient education. -
Participates in discharge planning.
- Maintains the standard of nursing care and implements the
policies and procedures of the hospital and the nursing
- Assesses the patient on admission within the required time
frame. - Makes referral to other disciplines based on the
assessment, such as rehabilitation and nutritional
- Develops a nursing care plan for assigned patient on admission
and updates the plan of care as needed. Ensures the plan is
discussed and developed as a result of the coordination of patient
and family and the interdisciplinary team.
- Able to release, remove, and reapply restraints to patient. -
Ensures patient. is in proper position and alignment.
- Documents patient admission assessment and reassessments,
patient care plans, and other pertinent information completely in
the patient's electronic medical record.
- Demonstrates correct use of Biomedical equipment such as
defibrillator, Suction machine, IV and feeding pumps, PCA pump,
blood glucose monitoring machine.
- Demonstrates safe and effective delivery of patient care such
as completing team/patient assignments on time, making effective
use of available time, showing initiative and team work.
- Obtains consents for procedures and blood transfusions,
ensuring patient has necessary information to make an informed
- Receives physician's orders, ensures transcription is accurate,
and order entry is accurate. - Follows through to ensure order is
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to patient change in
condition such as Cardiac rhythm, respiratory distress, GI bleed,
pulmonary emboli/ edema, diabetic Ketoacidosis, adverse drug
reaction and Blood transfusion reaction, etc. - Institutes
emergency action, notifies physician, obtains orders, etc.
- Completes and documents patient admission assessment and
reassessments as required according to policy.
- Reports pertinent observations and reaction regarding patients
to the appropriate person (i.e., physician, supervisor, charge
nurse) and records these observations accurately.
- Administers medications with verbalized knowledge of the
action, side effects, correct dosages and route according ICU
policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to recognize and Institute arrhythmia
protocol for the following Cardiac rhythms V-tach, V-fib, PVC's,
asystole, 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree heart block, atrial fibrillation,
and atrial flutter.
- Directs, supervises, and evaluates nursing care provided to
- Administers medications utilizing the seven "rights" of
medication administration: right patient, route, time, medication,
dose, reason and documentation.
- Assist physicians with special tests and procedures such as
thoracentesis, paracentesis, arterial line and
- Participates in economical utilization of supplies and ensures
that equipment is maintained in a clean and safe manner.
- Participates in orientation of new personnel and performance
evaluations of nursing staff.
- Assists team members in giving care to patients or administers
direct care when professional nursing skills and judgment are
- Coordinates nursing care of patients when scheduled for therapy
or procedures by other departments.
- Assists with or institutes emergency measures for sudden
adverse developments in patients such as cardiac arrest,
respiratory arrest, or sepsis.
Education: Graduate from an accredited Registered Nursing
Licenses/Certification: Current state licensure as Registered
Nurse. - BCLS certification and ACLS required.
Experience: Minimum one year training and experience in Critical
Care. - Able to communicate effectively in English through written
and verbal means.
Keywords: Kindred Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles , Registered Nurse RN OR Operating Room Per Diem, Healthcare , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!