Postdoctoral Scientist - Ho Lab - Center for Neural Science and Medicine
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Postdoctoral Scientist - Ho Lab - Center for Neural Science and
Medicine Principal Investigator, Dr. Ritchie Ho is seeking a
Postdoctoral Scientist to join the team! Cedars-Sinai is committed
to pushing the frontiers of medicine and discovering new
technologies and innovations that will change how we diagnose and
treat disease. As an international leader in biomedical research,
we translate discoveries into successful treatments with global
impact. With your help, we can change the future of healthcare!
Research in the laboratory of Ritchie Ho, PhD, aims to develop
faithful models of late-onset diseases using human induced
pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) and in vivo animal models by
understanding and recapitulating how genetic and environmental
conditions causing disease in older adults interact with intrinsic
cellular aging pathways. To learn more, please visit: -Ho Research
Lab - Cedars-Sinai. Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough
research? Under the guidance of the Center for Neural Science and
Medicine (CNSM) within the Department of Biomedical Sciences (BMS),
and working closely with other postdoctoral scholars, graduate
students, undergraduate students, research associates, and
collaborators, the Postdoctoral Fellow will be engaged in
cutting-edge research. The Postdoc will participate in data
analysis and interpretation and may assist in the preparation of
grant proposals. The postdoctoral scholar will participate in
publications and presentations as an author or co-author. Primary
Duties and Responsibilities:
- May assist in the preparation of grant proposals, but is not
responsible for generating grant funds.
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or
- Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate
experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with
the Principal Investigator.
- May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes, and compiles data.
- Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout
the training period.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
- May observe MD-patient or MD-human research subject
interactions as it pertains directly to research being performed.
Education: Doctorate Degree (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in an area
directly related to the field of research specialization.
Experience and Skills:
- Highly motivated and works independently on research projects
designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within area of
- Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of
research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year
- Demonstrates aptitude to perform experimental protocols and
procedures, including detailed data collection, and analysis, and
the operation and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- Knowledge of safety standards and must have the technical
ability to operate mechanical/medical devices and/or
Keywords: Cedars-Sinai, Los Angeles , Postdoctoral Scientist - Ho Lab - Center for Neural Science and Medicine, Healthcare , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!