Clinical Nursing Supervisor RN - Hospice
Location: Temple City
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Provides first line supervision at one site for nursing and
other professional staff providing direct patient care which may
include one or more of the following clinical/care services for
hospice and/or home health patients: home infusion programs/
services, assessment or treatment clinic(s) for geriatric or other
patients in specifically defined patient populations. At one site,
responsible for first line supervision of hospice and/or home
health nurses and aides, and other patient care staff. Supervises
the delivery of clinical services of the hospice and home health
program. Ensure compliance with federal, state and local
regulations. Monitors the quality of service/care, utilization and
- Responsible for first line supervision of hospice, home base
palliative care and/or home health nurses and aides and other
patient care staff: including interviewing, hiring, monitoring
assessments and evaluating personnel.
- Ensures individualized patient care goals are met.
- Ensures the highest quality of care is provided and in
compliance with federal, state and local regulatory requirements
and established departmental policies and procedures,
quality/cost/clinical outcomes and established performance
- Supervises day-to-day operations and clinical practice
- Develops and implements action plans to improve staff
development, quality and delivery of patient care.
- Acts as a clinical practice expert/resource to staff.
- Participates in program management, including licensing,
budgeting, utilization and quality assessment/improvement systems,
processes and methodologies.
- Ensures patients receive quality care by reviewing
documentation, consulting with staff, reviewing care plans,
conducting/participating in multidisciplinary team conferences, and
reviewing patient satisfaction reports.
- Reviews all documentation from admission to discharge from
patient care inter-disciplinary team to oversee case conference
effectiveness in coordinating care and evaluating RN
- Reviews quality oversight program results of contract services
visits for adherence to hospice and home health policies, protocols
and standards and takes appropriate action.
- Investigates and resolves patient/family/member concerns
regarding patient care.
- Assures compliance with administrative, legal and regulatory
requirements of the Health Plan Contract and government/accrediting
- Hires, fires, performs disciplinary actions, employee training
and development and conducts performance assessments for assigned
- Coordinates with SCPMG/KFH/KFHP to provide for the seamless
transition of patients from the inpatient to outpatient
- Address quality concerns, complaints and compliance matters to
develop systems and policies/procedures to continuously improve
clinical/patient care, performance outcomes and departmental
- Conducts minimum quarterly field visits with Home Health
- Attends and oversees case conferences on all
admissions/recertifications and discharges.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience as a Registered Nurse in
Home Health or Hospice Medicare certified licensed agency, Primary
Care Clinic or other related health care environment within the
last five (5) years.
- Minimum one (1) year of nursing supervisory experience OR a
minimum of three (3) years progressively responsible Home Health,
Hospice or Palliative Care nursing experience which includes
training, mentoring and/or providing lead direction to other staff.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing OR four (4) years of experience in
a directly related health care field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
required. License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN license required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of The Joint Commission, federal, state
and local regulatory requirements.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Master's degree in nursing OR two (2) years of experience in a
directly related health care field.
- Public Health Nurse (PHN) certificate.
Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Los Angeles , Clinical Nursing Supervisor RN - Hospice, Healthcare , Temple City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...