Step Down Unit RN-L2
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Job Summary:As the leader of the health care team, provides
professional nursing care, utilizing the nursing process in
accordance with established standards of care, policies, and
procedures. Demonstrates performance consistent with the Medical
Center Vision, Mission, and Strategic Plan of the organization.
Remains flexible to changing systems; is expected to demonstrate
quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice; and
treats co-workers, patients, families, and all members of the
health care team with dignity and respect.Essential
Responsibilities:The Registered Nurse demonstrates proficiency by
exhibiting the following skills, competencies, and
- Upholds Kaiser Permanentes Policies and Procedures, Principles
of Responsibilities, and applicable state, federal and local
- Serves as a leader of the health care team; delegates tasks
appropriately, and demonstrates appropriate accountability.
- Understands own and team members scope of practice and
escalates issues as appropriate.
- Demonstrates professional, supportive behavior.
- Champions new ideas.
- Leads and directs others through the change process.
- Utilizes communication strategies including chain of command
and issue escalation, which result in intended outcomes.
- Participates in problem identification and resolution.
- Mentors, orients, and coaches others in unit specific
operations and patient care activities
- Shares responsibility and authority with subordinates and holds
him/her accountable for performance.
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve with other departments in
order to assist member problem resolution.
- Prioritizes, delegates, and supervises work assignments
appropriately to ensure completion of patient care activities.
- Complies with regulatory requirements, policies, procedures,
and standards of practice.Nursing Process:
- Develops and/or contributes to the individualized plan of care
that reflects assessment, planning, implementing, and evaluating
the outcomes of that plan.
- Ensures plan shows multidisciplinary planning, consultation,
- Ensures plan is reflective of admission or outpatient database,
on-going findings, age appropriate care, cultural specific needs,
and appropriate acuity.
- Ensures plan is discussed with patient, family/significant
others, and completed in a timely manner.
- Monitors the patients progress based on the plan.
- Revises plan on ongoing basis based on patient condition and
evaluation of progress.
- Ensures care meets standards of practice.
- Ensures effective development and completion of discharge plan
including discharge barriers and patient/family education.
- Ensures that patient clearly understands discharge
- In outpatient, identify barriers and needs for patient/family
education that will facilitate the outpatient medical management
- Ensures patient safety related but not limited to, medications
and procedures utilizing the five rights; patient falls; decubitus
prevention and prevention of nosocomial infections.
- Ensures optimal pain control and patient comfort; identifies
and discusses patient anxieties, fears or concerns regarding
patient condition, treatment or discharge.
- Ensures that patient understands medication purpose, side
effects, and administration instructions in the hospital as well as
at the time of discharge.Patient Care Experience:
- Practices customer service standards as defined by the Service
Area, Medical Center, and specified department.
- Promptly answers call lights, alarms, and patient
- Makes appropriate referrals and facilitates the customers'
ability to utilize resources.
- Maintains and protects patient confidentiality
- Ensures clean, orderly, and functional work environment.
- Treats all families of patients with courtesy, respect,
kindness and compassion.
- Provides an optimal patient care experience by actively
listening to the needs of patients and family members and taking
responsibility for meeting those identified needs.
- Gives patients information in a way they can understand and
- Provides a patient care experience that exceeds members
- Viewed by others to be an effective team member who is
flexible, cooperative, and willing to assist others.
- Confronts difficult or conflict situations constructively and
seeks appropriate assistance.
- Takes accountability for own actions and accepts constructive
- Acts as a resource, preceptor, and mentor to new employees,
registry, students, and other team members.
- Attends all mandatory meetings, in-services and staff meetings
as required, actively participates in other departmental
professional development--(Requirement may vary for per diem
- Participates with the assessment of current and future unit
learning needs and development of an annual education plan.
- Keeps self-informed of activities on the unit and makes
recommendations for change.
- Adheres to Attendance Program.--
- Reports to assigned area promptly, being present and available
for report at beginning of assigned shift.
- Supports a collaborative Labor-Management Partnership
environment through unit-based teams.Fiscal Responsibility:
- Organizes work to minimize the use of overtime.
- Identifies and assists in systems improvement that needs
simplification or correction.
- Utilizes payroll and non-payroll resources to their maximum
- 1-year recent (within the last 3 years) full-time equivalent
experience in an adult acute care setting or completion of a Kaiser
Permanente (KP) or approved equivalent training program within
prior 12 months.
- Registered Nurse License (California)
- Basic Life Support--
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support--Additional Requirements:
- Basic Arrhythmia course required.--Preferred Qualifications:
- (6 East) - Care of ventilator patients preferred.
- (7 West) - Care of stroke patients preferred.
- (NSU) - Care of neurology-surgical patients preferred.
- --BSN preferred.Notes:
- Telemetry certified.
- --Acute care experience in MedSurg/Tele unit for one year.
- Work every other weekend including Fridays and MondaysJob
Schedule: Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Los Angeles , Step Down Unit RN-L2, Healthcare , Lawndale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...