Certified Nurse Midwife, Per Diem
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Job Summary:--Under the supervision of an Ob-Gyn Physician,
manages the medical care of patients throughout the maternity
cycle, including the antepartum, intrapartum, postpartum and
gynecological periods. Provides standard maternity care and
counseling to expectant women following ambulatory care and
inpatient standardized procedures, protocols, policy and procedures
and instructions regulated by the State of California Nurse
Practice Act and Southern California Permanente Medical
- Under the supervision of an Ob-Gyn physician, manages the care
of women during labor and delivery.
- Obtains an accurate medical, obstetrical, gynecological and
psycho-social history of the present pregnancy.
- Observes signs of the member's general and obstetrical health
- Performs complete physical examinations including the pap
smear, breast examination, abdominal examination, pelvic
examination and clinical pelvimetry.
- Records all findings of examinations, histories and significant
observations in the patient's chart.
- Determines pregnancy status during gestation, presentation and
position of fetus and fetal heart rate.
- Determines whether all findings are within normal limits.
- Orders appropriate laboratory examinations such as chest X-ray,
ultrasound, CBC, urinalysis, blood type and Rh factor, serology
- Consults with and obtains orders from an obstetrician for any
special care or diagnostic procedure and refers to other services
- Institutes preventative measures and detects abnormal
conditions, obtains consultation and assistance from physicians as
- Teaches, counsels and guides individual members regarding their
individual health care.
- Determines the need for social services, genetics or mental
health services and refers as appropriate.
- Evaluates patient's general and obstetrical health status.
- Provides health supervision, care and family planning advice to
women during antepartum and postpartum periods.
- Evaluates fetal status by performing such procedures as
abdominal palpation and ultrasound examinations to estimate fetal
weight, presentation and position, approximate station and fetal
- Able to perform internal and external fetal monitoring and
- Consults with obstetrician regarding questionable
- Determines member's degree of labor and whether member is to be
admitted to labor and delivery.
- Independently conducts normal spontaneous vaginal
- First assists at Cesarean Sections and gynecological
- Performs immediate care of the newborn.Basic
- If the department elects to hire a new grad CNM, the California
Furnishing Number and, if applicable, DEA Registration Number must
be obtained within twelve (12) months of hire.Education
- Graduate of an accredited RN program.
- Graduate of a nurse midwifery program accredited by the
A.C.N.M. BS or BSN,--or BA required.
- MS degree required in 2010.License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN License.
- NRP Provider Card Required Effective April 20, 2010.
- Current California Nurse Midwife Certificate.
- Maintains national certification from the American Midwifery
Certification Board (ACMB) DEA Registration Number, if applicable
California Furnishing Number BCLS--
- National Provider Number (NPI) and be an approved Medicare
provider.--Additional Requirements:--- N/A.--Preferred
Qualifications:--- Minimum three (3) years of--recent experience as
a CNM preferred.--Notes:--- --Required to cover outlining MOBs as
needed and provided L&D coverage as neededJob Schedule: Job
Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Los Angeles , Certified Nurse Midwife, Per Diem, Healthcare , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...