PATIENT CARE COORDINATOR (DENTAL)
Company: Comprehensive Community Health Centers
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description: JOB SUMMARY The Patient Care Coordinator is the
first point of contact for everyone contacting the Health Center.
The position requires Medical/Dental office knowledge and the
ability to input data accurately into the computer system. Must be
detail oriented with excellent interpersonal and customer service
skills. Greets, schedules, and directs patients. ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Welcomes and greets all patients, visitors, and guests in
person or over the phone. Strong focus on Patient Experience.
- Registers new patients and updates existing patient
demographics by collecting detailed information, including personal
and financial information.
- Ensure all necessary household and income information is
- Identifies payer source, verifies insurance and obtains any
necessary authorizations, assigns correct pay type, and any
collects payments due.
- Copy, scan, and fax documents as needed.
- Maintain provider schedules following office scheduling
- Promptly answers all incoming calls while maintaining a polite
consistent phone manner and using proper phone etiquette.
- Responds to patients, prospective patients, and visitor
inquiries in a courteous manner.
- Take messages for providers and staff as needed.
- Responsible for keeping front office and reception area clean
- Attend trainings and meetings as needed.
- Handling incoming and outgoing mail per office protocols
- Prepare daily reports and batches for business office.
- Facilitates patient flow by following check in protocols, being
aware of delays, and communicating with patients and clinical
- Able to anticipate inventory and equipment needs and
communicate needs to appropriate staff.
- Completes billing and collection processes and prepares for
distribution to appropriate sources.
- Is aware of, and able to abide by all HIPAA regulations
protecting patient confidentiality.
- May perform other duties assigned by management as needed.
Requirements: EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Two years experience in a Community Health setting
- Medical or Dental Assistant Certification preferred.
- Bi-lingual preferred
- Experience in operating a computer and word processing. PAY
RATE: $19-$20 per hour Benefits: Medical, Dental and Vision - 100%
paid by Employer Life Insurance and Accidental Dismemberment - 100%
paid by Employer Paid Holidays Paid Time Off 401K 401K Matching
Flexible Spending Account Fringe Supplemental Insurance
Keywords: Comprehensive Community Health Centers, Los Angeles , PATIENT CARE COORDINATOR (DENTAL), Healthcare , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!