Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator
Company: CARDINAL SERVICES LTD.
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Environmental and Safety Coordinator works within the
manufacturing plants to ensure compliance with facility
environmental permits and all required safety programs.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to
assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any
- Administers Darling Ingredients Safety programs which includes,
but is not limited to, conducting OSHA safety training for new
employees, annual training of employees, monthly safety committee
facility walk-through, and advising safety committee in accident
- Conducts training of employees in environmental compliance,
site inspections, sampling, log review, and report preparation to
ensure compliance in the following:
- Air Permit
- Wastewater Permits (LAS or Sewer)
- Storm water Permits and Pollution Prevention (SWPP)
- Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasures (SPCC)
- EPCRA (SARA) Compliance and Reporting
- Solid & Hazardous Waste Management
- Boiler Permits
- Business and Operating Licenses
- Ensures compliance with local, state and federal environmental
and safety regulations.
- Ensures proper monitoring and operation of environmental
control equipment (air, water).
- Collects and performs environmental
monitoring/sampling/reporting as necessary to comply with
- All other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma required.
- 2 years experience in environmental and/or safety management in
production or agri-business.
- Bachelor Degree in Safety and Environmental, Engineering,
Agriculture, Industrial Management or related field is
- Highly organized; superior time management skills.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and
- Self-motivated; self-starter; able to multi-task.
- Works well with others in a team environment.
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Office applications.
- Frequently required to walk, stand, sit, climb, balance, stoop,
kneel, crawl, and crouch.
- Occasionally required to lift, push, pull or move up to 100
- Regularly required reach with hands and arms.
- Occasional overnight travel by personal vehicle or
Job functions will be carried out in an office and plant
Darling Ingredients Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives
consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, age,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, or, protected veteran status. EEO is the Law:
If you would like more information, please click on the link or
paste into your browser:
Keywords: CARDINAL SERVICES LTD., Los Angeles , Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator, Healthcare , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!