Public Relations Account Manager (B2B Tech or Healthcare)
Company: Highwire Public Relations
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: November 26, 2022
About us: Highwire Public Relations is a modern communications
agency designed for disruptive companies. As the top-ranked
independent tech and healthcare PR firm, we represent some of the
biggest brands in cloud, enterprise, security, fintech, healthcare,
and consumer. We are nimble, creative and committed to growth and
inclusivity for all our team members.At Highwire, we believe that
storytelling fuels transformation. And the most impactful stories
represent all voices and perspectives. As a values-driven agency,
we foster an inclusive environment, where everyone-regardless of
age, race/ethnicity, size, shape, gender identity, sexual
orientation, religion and different abilities-can feel safe,
celebrated and worthy. We ensure every Highwire Walker has unique
support to climb to success. Our commitment to diversity, inclusion
and belonging is permanent and foundational to our business and
culture. We aspire to change our industry and build a better future
for all.We're looking for a visionary, creative type with 5+ years
of experience growing teams and delighting clients. As an Account
Manager, you will lead 3 to 4 teams doing everything from
developing high-level strategy with clients to making magic happen
with media, influencers and social media. Rock-solid writing
skills, an in-depth knowledge of the technology industry and
proficiency with all things digital and social are a must. We also
take pride in our passionate and contemporary standard, so you
should have a track record of leading edge thinking to develop
programs that have a meaningful and relevant business impact. And,
we love and adore our staff at all levels so we're looking for
someone to inspire and energize their teams and take Highwire to
new heights. Technology background and established relationships
with consumer tech media. Essential Functions
- Media/Influencer Relations
- Strong relationships particularly with business, broadcast and
influencer media and ability to direct staff to develop the
- Strong grasp and creative use of social media channels to
engage and support efforts.
- Ongoing engagement of media for the agency (e.g. blog Q&A,
lunch talks, etc.)
- Experience measuring the ROI of communications activities.
- Experience with social media influencer engagement, content
campaigns, and media coverage amplification.
- Client Service/Management
- Ability to manage PR Programs from kick off through achieving
- Ability to set aggressive but achievable goals based on
generating news and ongoing coverage.
- Exceptional client management skills and deep personal
investment in client success.
- Ability to manage through periods of change or challenge.
- Ability to think clearly and project confidence amid crisis
situations or in the face of strong competition.
- Day to day contact for clients.
- Develop budget and team priority allocations and identify
opportunities to increase budget.
- Lead media training sessions with clients including developing
key messages and all follow up from session.
- Writing Proficiencies
- Ability to generate a plan for a campaign or an entire PR
- Ability to generate and edit award submissions, press releases,
fact sheets, backgrounders, biographies, tour reports, briefing
books, contributed articles, speaking opportunity abstracts,
pitches, Q&As, company memorandum and general team
correspondence; also responsible for their production and
- Professional, articulate and timely client communication.
Development of consistent, creative, successful pitches.
- Agency Operations
- Maintain 2 direct reports, assist in development of goals for
reports, deliver annual reviews and quarterly check ins.
- Participation in new business process including proactively
identifying new targets, research and presenting at pitch.
Identify, attend and encourage others to attend networking
- Maintain a respectful, enthusiastic, and professional attitude
towards coworkers, clients, and outside colleagues and lead team by
- Support teams and manage up and down.
- Responsible use of flexible work policies.
- Uses Highwire social channels; writes for Highwire blog.
- Mentor junior staff to elevate development.
- Self Development
- Proactively set up quarterly goals with principal; track
against goals and demonstrate growth.
- Effectively prioritize responsibilities based on impact,
timelines, workflow and client goals.
- Drive projects forward independently, eliminating the need for
managers to consistent check in re: follow through/ task
completion. Identify areas for self-improvement and bring
suggestions and solutions to management.
- Consistently hit deadlines or give enough notice if you
- Attends regular networking events.Highwire Perks
- Competitive salary
- Merit-based bonuses and promotions
- Hybrid work model to suit your schedule and lifestyle
- Excellent vacation policy including extended break for summer
and winter holiday
- Participate in Empower Hours on Fridays; Team has the ability
to log off by 3pm
- 401K Match
- Medical and dental benefits/ FSA
- Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefit
- Home office equipment stipend
- Curiosity Stipend of $100 annually for books, exhibitions,
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Wellness benefit
- Calm Meditation App
- Donation Match
- Full-time writing Coach
- Monthly recognition programs
- Employee referral bonus
- New business referral bonus
- Quarterly Highwire fun events - Thanksgiving is our favorite
- Dog friendly work environment
- Extremely supportive, nurturing environment with many
opportunities for learning and growth
Keywords: Highwire Public Relations, Los Angeles , Public Relations Account Manager (B2B Tech or Healthcare), Healthcare , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!