Company: West Hills Hospital
Location: West Hills
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Description IntroductionDo you want to be appreciated daily? Our
nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for
patients. At West Hills Hospital our nurses set us apart from any
other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) ICU Nurse to join
our healthcare family.BenefitsWest Hills Hospital, offers a total
rewards package that supports the health, life, career and
retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
At West Hills Hospital, our nurses play a vital part. We know that
every nurse's path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create
your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your
career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to
create the career path that fits their life - for life - and
empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our ICU
Nurse opportunity.Job Summary and QualificationsThe ICU Registered
Nurse functions as a member of patient care team in providing
competent care to patients according to their individual needs.
Coordinates patient care and delegates responsibilities to team
members within their scope of practice and competencies. Our team
is amazing, we consider ourselves a family who work hard to support
each other and we are looking for someone who feels patient care is
as meaningful as we do. If that is you, come be a part of what
makes us great and apply today!
- You will be assessing patients initially on admission to the
unit and continually according to patient needs, condition change,
or unit/department standards.
- You will be serving as an advocate for patient/family/SO
regarding decisions affecting the Plan of Care.
- You will be developing, implementing, and modifying the
patient's plan of care according to the patient's progress.
- You will be demonstrating knowledge of specific disease process
treatments, interventions and responses based on age specificity,
patient's needs, condition, impairment, or disability.
- You will be reviewing physician orders and accurately
transcribes to MAR. Immediately initiates STAT orders.
- You will be assessing, collaborating, reporting, and
coordinating the patient's transfer or discharge planning needs and
readiness for discharge or transfer to another level of care with
the other members of the health care team and patient's
What qualifications you will need:
- Current RN License by the Board of Nurse Examiners State of
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BCLS
- Current American Heart Association ACLS card required.
- CCRN preferred.
- Current knowledge and skills appropriate to the age/type of
patient population servedThis role requires you to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law
or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved).West Hills Hospital & Medical Center is a full-service
acute care facility located in West Hills, CA, in the Western San
Fernando Valley. The 260-bed facility recently completed an
$80-million expansion that includes a new Emergency Department,
Intensive Care Unit, Outpatient Services Unit, Cardiac
Catheterization Laboratory, and The Grossman Burn Center. West
Hills Hospital & Medical Center offers compassionate and responsive
care for the improvement of human life. Serving the West Valley for
more than 50 years, we offer numerous services, including
orthopedic surgery, gastrointestinal and critical care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies - by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten
times. ---In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's
family first, and the really great institutions will provide care
with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr.
Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder Join a family that cares about every
stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our ICU
Nurse opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition
team will reach out.We are an equal opportunity employer and value
diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: West Hills Hospital, Los Angeles , ICU Nurse, Healthcare , West Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!