Medical Staff Services Coordinator Full Time Days
Company: CHA Hollywood Medical Center LP
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Overview As a condition of employment with CHA-Hollywood
Presbyterian Medical Center, all employees are required to provide
proof of vaccination status in accordance to the state mandate
orders.CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center -CHA Hollywood
Presbyterian Medical Center (HPMC) is an acute care facility that
has been caring for the Hollywood community and surrounding areas
since 1924. The hospital is committed to serving local
multicultural communities with quality medical and nursing care.
With more than 500 physicians representing virtually every
specialty, HPMC strives to distinguish itself as a leading
healthcare provider, recognized for providing quality, innovative
care in a compassionate manner. -HPMC is part of a global
healthcare enterprise which owns and operates general hospitals
throughout Korea, numerous research centers in the U.S. and Korea
including a medical university, and CHAUM (a premier anti-aging
life center). Professional Requirements Position Summary: -The
Medical Staff Coordinator is responsible for assigned medical staff
departments, sections and committee functions to ensure compliance
with Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules & Regulations, policies and
procedures, State and Federal requirements and accreditation
standards. Interfaces with QM Coordinators, other hospital staff,
and physicians, and allied health professionals to provide and
interpret relevant data on medical staff members for input into
committee agendas, minutes and meeting follow-up, as well as the
processing of credentialing and privileging items. Under the Guides
guidance of the Director of Medical Staff Services, assists the
medical staff chairmen/committee members' leaders through
department and committee activities and generates related
documentation relating to the committee process. Processes,
coordinates, and maintains all aspects of credentialing activities
in accordance with the Medical Staff Bylaws and required time
frames, including initial applications, reappointments, allied
health professionals, locum tenen, proctoring actions, and
temporary privileges, and other credentialing and privileging items
as needed. Also maintains the appropriate Medical Staff
- Enhances professional growth and development through
participation in educational programs, staff meetings,
in-services/workshops and successful completion and maintenance of
required certifications of specialty areas.
- Facilitates assigned medical staff standing, ad-hoc and special
- Consults with respective medical staff leaders and hospital
staff to achieve action oriented outcomes assuring that problems
identified are either acted upon or appropriately referred.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and negotiation skills in
preparation of agendas, participation in meetings, and follow-up
- Records discussion, recommendations and conclusions succinctly
and accurately to substantiate actions taken.
- Maintains and protects the confidential records of all
protected medical staff proceedings as required by law (i.e.
California Business Evidence Code Section 1157) and in accordance
with medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations and policies and
- Interfaces effectively with the quality management coordinators
and other hospital personnel, as applicable, to integrate peer
review findings and follow-up into the medical staff agendas,
minutes and any written necessary follow-up.
- Cooperates with other hospital personnel in a positive manner
to achieve departmental and interdepartmental objectives and
maintains good employee relations.
- Ensures the credentialing of applicants for membership and
reappointment, as well as the processing of proctoring activities,
are coordinated accurately and timely in compliance with defined
- Collects and analyzes information thoroughly to identify
potential quality of care issues, behavioral problems, appropriate
education and training.
- Immediately brings any concerns (credentialing, privileging,
proctoring, peer review or miscellaneous in nature) identified to
the attention of the Director of Medical Staff Services, or his/her
designee, and assists with the investigation of such concerns as
- Maintains medical staff meeting rosters and distributes meeting
notices and calendars as assigned.
- Demonstrates effective communication methods and skills and
utilizes lines of authority appropriately.
- Presents a professional image in attire worn and communication
that corresponds with the department's primary customers (i.e.,
physicians, hospital senior leaders, etc.).
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within
- Uses computerized time clock correctly.
- Attends staff meetings and actively participates, reads and
returns all staff meeting minutes.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous
quality improvement (CQl) activities.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the procedures for reporting
and responding to facility emergencies such as fire, and disruption
in utilities and hazardous materials spills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of equipment capabilities, limitations,
and appropriate/special applications.
- Demonstrates the ability to access and use computer systems and
- Communicates with physicians, administrative staff, co-workers,
and patients/families in a respectful and caring manner.
- Demonstrates a positive professional image; performs
responsibilities in a professional manner; demonstrates
flexibility; utilizes a collaborative approach with co-workers and
other hospital personnel.
- Demonstrates flexibility in the work setting with changing
assignments, and varying staffing levels and completes work on
- Consistently demonstrates critical thinking and problem solving
- Assists department management in the resolution and evaluation
of problem situations.
- Assumes other duties as required. Behaviors
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
- Completes education requirements in a timely manner.
- Maintains regulatory requirements, including all federal,
state, local regulations and accrediting organization
- Wears identification while on duty and ensures it is visible at
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Can state the mission, vision and values of the facility
- Complies with the Medical Center's policies and procedures,
including timekeeping, attendance, the Standards of Behavior and
the Code of Conduct.
- Maintains required applicable licensure, certification,
educational and in-service requirements.
- Displays positive attitude through words and actions.
- Displays willingness to adapt to new ideas and contributes to
- Demonstrates awareness of who the customers (internal and
external) and supports the company's goals and objectives in a
positive manner. Qualifications Minimum Education:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.Preferred Education:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.Minimum Work Experience and
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in
- Must be able to work in a union environment.
- Knowledge of Joint Commission, CMA and Title 22 Standards for
Medical Staff, Performance Improvement and Risk Management, and
Medical Committee Process.
- Working computer knowledge including proficiency on word
processing programs and medical staff database.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.Preferred Work
Experience and Qualifications:
- Proven experience and proficiency in health care education and
medical staff services preferred.Required Licensure, Certification,
Registration or Designation:
- Current Los Angeles County Fire Card required (within 30 days
- CPMSM or CPCS by the National Association of Medical Staff
Services required within 18 months of hire. - -Disclaimer,
Compliance and Service Language: -DISCLAIMER: The above statements
are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended
to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and
skills required. The incumbent may be expected to perform other
duties as assigned. -COMPLIANCE & INTEGRITY: Consistently supports
compliance and the Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center's Code of
Conduct by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of
information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with
ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to
applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations,
accreditation and licensure requirements (if applicable), and
Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center's policies and
procedures.Models and reinforces ethical behavior in self and
others in accordance to the Code of Conduct; adheres to
organizational policies and guidelines; supports compliance
initiatives; maintains confidences; admits mistakes; conducts
business with honesty; shows consistency in words and actions;
follows through on commitments. - All Directors, Managers and
Supervisors are accountable for communication, implementation,
enforcement, monitoring and oversight of compliance policies and
practices in their departments.SERVICE & QUALITY: In addition to
defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently
demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined by the
Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center, as well as specific
departmental/organizational initiatives. Also accountable for
consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and
behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive
service to each other, to our patients, and to purchasers,
contracted providers and vendors. -WORKPLACE SAFETY: In addition to
defined working conditions and physical requirements, employees are
accountable for working safely; following established policies &
procedures; utilizing all designated protective personal equipment
(PPE) and/or safety equipment assigned for task; and reporting all
injuries and hazards to their supervisor immediately. - Supervisors
and Managers are accountable for ensuring the safety performance of
employees; applying consistent practices in compliance with
federal, state and local regulations; providing guidance to
maintain a safe and healthy work environment.Hollywood Presbyterian
Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.External hires must pass a background
check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or
conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner
consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local
ordinances, including but not limited to the Los Angeles Fair
Chance Ordinances. -#CB#LI-AV1
Keywords: CHA Hollywood Medical Center LP, Los Angeles , Medical Staff Services Coordinator Full Time Days, Healthcare , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!