Home Health Aide (HHA)
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Job DescriptionThe VITAS -Home Health -Aide -(HHA) -is a
non-exempt employee, who is -trained to provide personal care and
services to -hospice patients -to augment care given by family
members -or -other caregivers. ASSIGNED -JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs only those -personal care -activities contained in a
written assignment. Home Health Aide (HHA) assignments may
- Home Health Aide (HHA) helps the patient to maintain good
- Home Health Aide (HHA) plans and prepare meals. Feeds or assist
with feeding the patient when needed.
- Home Health Aide (HHA) assists the patient ambulation.
- Home Health Aide (HHA) assists with certain treatments as
ordered by the physician, and taught and supervised by the nurse
for a specific patient including: assist with the change of the
colostomy bag; assist with the use of a walker or wheelchair;
reinforcement of a dressing; assist with prescribed range of motion
exercises; assist with prescribed ice cap or collar; measure intake
and output of fluids; and assist with medications that are
- Home Health Aide (HHA) reads and records temperature, pulse and
respiration. OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES -FOR THE HOME HEALTH AIDE (HHA)
NOT INCLUDED IN A WRITTEN ASSIGNMENT MAY INCLUDE:
- Home Health Aide (HHA) assists -in maintaining a safe and
- Home Health Aide (HHA) promotes the patient's mental alertness
through involvement in activities of interest.
- Home Health Aide (HHA) provides simple emotional and
psychological support to the patient, family, and -other
- Home Health Aide (HHA) reports any changes in the patient's
mental or physical condition or home situation to the VITAS Nurse
and members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Home Health Aide (HHA) teaches basic personal care to the
- Home Health Aide (HHA) practices basic infection control
- Home Health Aide (HHA) observes, reports, and documents patient
status and the care and activities provided.
- Home Health Aide (HHA) completes at least 12 hours of
in-service training per calendar year.
- Home Health Aide (HHA) handles other tasks -as assigned. THE
-HOME HEALTH -AIDE -(HHA) -MAY NOT:
- Be assigned by VITAS to any institutional setting.
- Change sterile -dressings.
- Irrigate body cavities (such as an enema).
- Irrigate a colostomy or wound.
- Perform a gastric lavage or gavage.
- Catheterize a patient.
- Administer medications.
- Apply heat by any method.
- Care for a tracheotomy tube.
- Suction a patient.
- Provide -any personal -care that -has not been -assigned by the
VITAS nurse or -included in the -plan of -care. QUALIFICATIONS
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Meets personnel qualifications of a Home Health Aide as
specified in 42 C.F.R. Section 484.4 and Section 484.36.
- Documented evidence of 75 hours of training as specified in 42
C.F.R. Sections 484.36 (a)(1).
- Documented evidence that Home Health Aide has successfully
completed a Competency Evaluation program as described in 42 C.F.R.
Section 484.36(b). - -State -Allowable Training/Certification - - -
- -AL, CO, DC, DE, FL, GA, IN, MI, PA, TX, VA, WI - - - - CNA, HHA,
HA - - - - CA - - - - CHHA - - - - CT - - - - Homemaker-Home Health
Aide - - - - IL - - - - HHA, NA - - - - KS - - - - Home Health Aide
certificate - - - - MO - - - - Home Health Aide - - - - NJ - - - -
Homemaker-Home Health Aide - - - -OH - - - -Home Health Aide
- Home Health Aide (HHA) has the ability to read, write, and
carry out directions.
- Home Health Aide (HHA) has the ability to travel per job
- Home Health Aide (HHA) has a telephone available in home.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described
-for the Home Health Aide (HHA) -are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of -this -job. - Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. While performing the duties of -the Home Health Aide
(HHA), -the employee is regularly required to:
- Assist in lifting and transferring patients, as required.
- Lift objects in excess of 20 pounds
- Stand or walk in excess of one hour per day
- Talk and hear Specific vision abilities required by -the Home
Health Aide (HHA) -include:
- Close vision
- Distance vision
- Ability to adjust focus -The -Home Health Aide (HHA) -will be
required to sit and stoop, kneel, -and crouch. DIRECTION
- Home Health Aide (HHA) reports -directly to the VITAS
- Home Health Aide (HHA) receives clinical direction from the
About Us VITAS - Healthcare is the
nation's leading provider of end-of-life care, and has the
resources and expertise to support your personal and professional
growth. -As a member of the VITAS team, you'll find fulfillment
working for a people-focused organization dedicated to making a
difference in the lives of others. You will be more than just an
employee: You will be counted on as an expert in your field, and as
a valued team member whose efforts are respected and vital to our
All VITAS employees commit to fulfilling their duties and
responsibilities with the highest regard for professionalism,
collaboration and teamwork, and an eye focused constantly on growth
and improvement. We serve with commitment and compassion, and
position ourselves for the future by embracing, innovating, and
leading change. If you are that person, make your voice heard-find
your purpose at VITAS today. Benefits Include: - Competitive
compensation -- Health, dental, vision, life and disability
insurance- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending
accounts- Life insurance- 401(k) plan with numerous investment
options and generous company match- Cancer and/or critical illness
benefit- Tuition Reimbursement- Paid Time Off- Employee Assistance
Program- Legal Insurance- Roadside Assistance- Affinity Program
Many of our positions offer the opportunity to work -day or night
shifts, weekdays or weekends. Choose a Career with VITAS
Keywords: VITAS, Los Angeles , Home Health Aide (HHA), Healthcare , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!