Respiratory Therapist II Prdm
Posted on: August 7, 2022
-Do what you love, love what you do! When the work you do every
single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every
effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture
of happiness, passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai.
It is just one of the many reasons we've achieved our fifth
consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working
with a team of dedicated healthcare professionals to using
state-of-the-art facilities, you'll have everything you need to do
something incredible-for yourself, and for others. Join us, and
discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America's
Best Hospitals.Job Responsibilities:The Respiratory Therapist II is
an RCP who performs general ward therapy procedures including: 02
therapy, bland aerosol therapy, medicinal aerosol therapy, volume
expansion therapy, bronchial hygiene procedures, CPR. You will also
perform Adult Critical Care RT procedures including: setup and
management of continuous invasive and non-invasive ventilator
systems, specialty gases, and related monitoring and encouraging
adjuncts. Training in of performance of Arterial Puncture for Blood
Gas Analysis is required. You may pursue additional training in all
"subspecialty services" provided by the CSMC Respiratory Care
Services to include: management of Perinatal/ Pediatric Ventilator
Systems and related adjuncts; Bronchoscopy Assist; Pulmonary
Rehabilitation Center RT procedures; RT Order Entry System
Operation. Once training is complete, a RT is encouraged to
function as assigned in the subspecialty areas in which they have
been trained and adjudged functionally proficient.Additional
primary duties and responsibilities that are only performed in the
specific department(s) below:Pulmonary Function lab:
- Schedules patient testing.
- Verifies MD orders and diagnosis-based indications for
- Ensures pre-test pulmonary history and consent for exercise
testing are complete, explains the purpose and side effects of
ordered tests to patients.
- Performs pulmonary function tests, exercise tests, arterial
- Collates and submits verified results for pulmonologist
- Completes and submits patient billings.
- Certified / Registered Pulmonary Function Tech upon hire.
- Minimum of 1 year experience working in pulmonary function
- Receives lab specimen from tube system for analysis.
- Verify and validate patients information on the blood sample to
- Analyze blood sample per department policy and procedure.
- Validate and report critical lab results to provider /
- Participate in lab correlation and linearity studies required
by governing bodies.
- Troubleshoot analyzer and perform minor maintenance on analyzer
- Performs quality control and proficiency testing sample
- Adheres to blood gas lab safety and infection control policies
Educational Requirements:Associates Degree in Respiratory Therapy
or similar - Minimum -Bachelors Degree in Respiratory Therapy or
similar - PreferredLicenses:--- RCP State License Must be currently
licensed by the State of California as a Respiratory Care
Practitioner (RCP.)--- Basic Life Support (BLS) ---- Advanced
Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS/ALS) ---- Registered Resp
Therapist (RRT)--- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
(PALS)Experience:2 yearsPhysical Demands:---Must be able to perform
1 & 2 man CPR.---Must be able to lift and carry 25 lbs.---Must be
able to move an H-size gas cylinder-and-cart as well as
Departmental life support systems over Hospital floor
surfaces---Must be able to physically roll a 200 lb, horizontally
positioned patient.---Must possess auditory and visual capabilities
for responding to pulmonary life support alarms and related
monitoring systems.---Must possess mathematics skills necessary to
the clinical functions of the job.---Must possess oral and written
communication skills sufficient for understanding and being
understood by members of the Health Care Team.
Working Title:Respiratory Therapist II Prdm
Business Entity:Service Lines & Ops
Position Type:Per Diem
Shift Length:12 hour shift
Keywords: CEDARS-SINAI, Los Angeles , Respiratory Therapist II Prdm, Healthcare , Calabasas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!