RN , Acute Vents $10,000 Sign On Bonus
Company: Pacific Medical Centers
Location: Mission Hills
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN), Break Relief
(Part-Time/Night Shift) on our Acute Vents group to Providence Holy
Cross Medical Center in Mission Hills, CA.
Apply today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a
text with additional questions from our MODERN HIRE screening and
$10,000 Hiring Bonus for eligible external candidates who meet all
conditions for payment- this is in addition to the fantastic
benefits and compensation package offer by Providence that begin on
your fist day of employment.
Please upload a current resume and complete application reflecting
all relevant experience.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN), Break Relief who will
demonstrate proficiency in delivering care to assigned patient
population and participates in related continuing education.
Provides professional nursing care to assigned patients in clinical
areas according to established procedures. The Nurse performs
specific duties while covering for staff nurse on break which
include but are not limited to: provide active coverage, sign off
orders, admission/discharge, give due medication, give appropriate
education, implement necessary treatment, and fulfill professional
needs to continue with the current plan of care.
In this position you will:
* Implement and maintain established department, unit, hospital
policies, procedures, and objectives as well as improving
organization performance program, safety, environmental, and
infection control policies.
* Orient, instruct, and train assigned personnel.
* Cooperate with other personnel to achieve department objectives
and maintain good employee relations, interdepartmental objectives,
and infection control policies.
* Provide direction to the other members of the nursing team to
coordinate administrative aspects of a nursing unit for a shift,
and to problem solve issues regarding patient care regime.
* Establish and maintain communication between the nursing unit and
ancillary departments for the purpose of problem solving. Utilizes
appropriate lines of communication within the nursing
* Provide direct patient care, evaluate outcomes, consult with
other specialists as required and adjusts nursing care processes as
indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
* Prepares patients for scheduled procedures to assist in patient
* Monitorsmedical condition of patients and reports changes to
* Demonstrate sensitivity to patients' comfort and privacy and
expresses interest in their progress.
* Assist physicians with examinations, procedures and other
processes related to direct patient care.
* Write initial nursing histories, assesses patients' conditions,
and develops individual care plans for patients assigned to the
* Maintain a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for
patients/families in accordance with hospital standards.
* Assist attending physicians, patients, and families as needed in
times of stress or crisis.
* Document in a clear, complete, concise, and organized manner,
demonstrating skill in the nursing process and critical thinking.
Monitor and ensure accuracy of recording on patient medical
records. Maintain all required reports, records, statistics,
* Inspect area daily for compliance with policies, procedures,
regulations, and standards and takes corrective action when
* Enhance professional growth and development through participation
in educational programs, professional affiliations, current
literature, in-service meetings, and workshops, and successful
completion and maintenance of required certifications of specialty
* Investigate problems of communication regarding ethical issues
that may surface between professionals and patients as they related
to legal counsel and/or risk management. Attempt to rectify these
problems through appropriate mechanisms, such as the ethics
committee, policy modification, or educational efforts.
* Develop, implement, and evaluate individualized teaching
plans/discharge plan, protocols for patient, family, and/or
significant other in accordance with nursing department
* Attend meetings as required.
* Ensure an adequate stock of supplies and proper functioning of
Required qualifications for this position include:
* California Licensed Registered Nurse
* CPR/BLS is required by Adult, Child, Infant (Provider), including
Obstructed Airway Management, sponsored by the American Heart
Association or the American Red Cross. All RNs are required to have
* ACLS is required in ICU, Progressive Care, Tele/Neuro, Acute
Vents, Med/Surg, Oncology, Telemetry, Emergency Services, Labor &
Delivery, OP Antepartum, Recovery Room, Cardiac Cath Lab, Cardiac
Rehab Program, Radiology Special Procedures, GI Lab, Float Pool and
Critical Care Float Pool,
* NRP required in Mother Baby, OP Antepartum, Special Care Nursery
* PALS: Emergency Service and Recovery Room
* NIHSS: Emergency Services, ICU, Progressive Care, Tele/Neuro,
Acute Rehab, Critical Care Float Pool and Float Pool
* Advanced Fetal Monitoring required for employees in L&D.
* MOAB (Management of Aggressive Behavior) required for Emergency
* Sufficient clinical experience
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
About the hospital you will serve.
Nationally recognized for clinical excellence and trauma care,
Providence Holy Cross Medical Center is a 377-bed, level II trauma
center in Mission Hills, California. We are the only Magnet
-Designated Hospital in the San Fernando Valley. Providence Holy
Cross also has been recognized this year by the Los Angeles
Business Journal as one of the best places to work in Los Angeles.
As our reputation for excellence grows, so does our facility. We
have recently expanded our medical center with the addition of a
new 138-bed patient care wing. This expansion has made Providence
Holy Cross Medical Center one of the largest hospitals serving the
San Fernando and Santa Clarita valleys.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website
Keywords: Pacific Medical Centers, Los Angeles , RN , Acute Vents $10,000 Sign On Bonus, Healthcare , Mission Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!