Staff Research Associate I-OBGYN
Company: UCLA Health
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: May 16, 2022
ResponsibilitiesA highly motivated employee who will serve as
Research Assistant under the mentorship of Dr. Yalda Afshar. In
this role, you will be
involved in a translational research project with continuous
guidance. You will interface and assist with patient consenting,
scheduling for studies, sample collection, biobanking, and tissue
isolation.As our SRA, you will meet regularly with Yalda Afshar and
during these meetings have specific discussions of scientific
goals, progress, shortcomings, troubleshooting, strategies,
mentorship, and any other topic that are brought to light.
Additionally, you will assist with lab flow duties, as it pertains
to ordering and equipment maintenance. Work is assigned by Dr.
Yalda Afshar with supervision. You will interface with laboratory
personnel, hospital and clinical personnel and other University
departments as needed.Qualifications
- Excellent skill in verbal and written communication. Proper
utilization of English in the written word and conversation.
- Skill in tact and diplomacy
- Advanced skill and knowledge of computer applications
- Ability to be self-motivated, minimal supervision, handle
multi-tasks and prioritize workload
- Ability to handle sensitive & confidential information
- Ability to operate various office equipment, Ability to setup
and maintain filing system and office supplies
- Knowledge of UCLA Policies and procedures preferred
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment and safety
- Basic science bench experienceUCLA is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Keywords: UCLA Health, Los Angeles , Staff Research Associate I-OBGYN, Healthcare , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!