Telehealth Triage Nurse (Remote)
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: January 16, 2022
FONEMED's remote Registered Nurses provide telephone triage and
health advice to callers across the United States remotely from the
comfort of their own home. We use computerized Schmitt/Thompson
triage guidelines to assist in assessing patients' symptoms. In
addition to triage calls, we receive questions requesting
information on medical conditions, medications, diagnostic tests,
etc. All calls are documented electronically, and all telephone
encounters are recorded.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of recent clinical experience as a Registered
Nurse in areas such as ER/Urgent Care, Adult, Pediatric, OB/GYN,
Orthopedic, Ambulatory Care, Home Health, or ICU preferred.
- A multistate license under the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact
(eNLC) and a California license are preferred. Active licensure in
all 50 states would be an asset or the willingness to obtain
licenses at the company's request.
- Accredited nursing program graduate.
- Previous telephone triage experience using electronic triage
software and computerized medical protocols considered an
- Experience using the Barton Schmitt/David Thompson guidelines
will be an asset.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong clinical assessment skills.
- Exceptional computer skills within a Windows environment and
- Bilingual English/Spanish or another language will be
considered an asset.
Expectations of Nurse:
- Offering part time and full time positions. Minimum of 20 hours
per week required.
- Shift work including days, evenings, nights, and weekends
- Private HIPAA compliant home office with high speed internet
connectivity. (wired/ethernet highly recommended)
- Must be able to provide own computer equipment.
- Sits 100% of the time when taking calls.
- Participation (via telephone or video) in staff meetings.
- Full compliance with FONEMED policies and procedures, including
HIPAA privacy requirements.
Why Work With US:
- Competitive hourly pay, with shift differentials for overnight
and weekend hours.
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- 401(k) with company matching.
- Company reimbursement for licensure costs.
- FONEMED's company health insurance, for employee and family,
for those who work 24 hours or more per week.
- A comprehensive training and orientation program with a
supportive team of co-workers and managers.
- A friendly and collaborative work environment from a company
who values our employees.
- Recognition of employee achievements and milestones.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: FONEMED, Los Angeles , Telehealth Triage Nurse (Remote), Healthcare , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!