Family Practice Physician
Company: Sanford Federal
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: January 17, 2022
Sanford Federal, Inc. (Sanford Federal) headquartered in Stafford,
VA., is a premier, economically disadvantaged woman-owned Small
Business that provides federal professional services, primarily
engaged in providing advanced information technology, cyber
security, management systems support, as well as business and
infrastructure management services.
We are among the most innovative, respected, and ethical providers
of technology solutions to the United States government. Our
mission is to provide superior-quality, innovative, information
technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve,
and protect the American people.
Job Title: Family Practice Physician
Based at: California.
Job Summary: Sanford Federal is looking for an experienced Family
Practice Physician to support the mission of the Indian Health
Service (IHS) by raising the physical, mental, social, and
spiritual health of American Indians and Alaska Natives to the
- Requirements: The Candidate must meet the following
- Minimum of thirty-six (36) months of Family Practice Residency
Training with a minimum of six (6) months experience in the
specialty required by the contract.
- Shall read, understand, speak, and write English to
- Shall possess basic knowledge, skills, and abilities to use a
- Shall be board certified or board eligible with the American
Board of Internal Medicine or American Board of Family
- Shall maintain a valid and current Cardiopulmonary
Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Shal maintain a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Shall maintain an Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Shall have a valid un restricted DE A with schedule II V.
- Not had loss of licensure or suspended licensure.
- Not had a lapse in practice > 6 months leading up to this
- Duties: the candidate will be responsible for,
- Shall be be call taking for adult medicine .
- Be able to comfortably see 16 to 20 patients per day.
- Shall assume responsibility for the diagnosis, prevention
therapy, maintenance and rehabilitation of patients by performing
interviews and examines each patient.
- Review past medical history and requests or performs complex
diagnostic tests and examinations deemed necessary to obtain all
possible information related to each case.
- Make preliminary diagnosis, directs, prescribes or provide
treatment or arranges for specialized care or patient referral as
required. Bases decision upon information obtained, professional
medical knowledge and skills and prescribed policies and
- Make note of observations to be incorporated into clinical/EHR
- Provides emergency care as required, provide definitive
management in all medical categories for cases that do not require
- Give total patient care including prevention, health
maintenance, early diagnosis, treatment and follow-up services to
patient under his/her care.
- Telemedicine - Contractors shall provide telemedicine services
for patients with mild respiratory illness in the CSU Respiratory
- Telephone - Contractors shall provide telephone visits for
patients in need of chronic care management for whom it would be
high risk to travel to the hospital for care.
- The contractor shall care for critically ill patients in the
Emergency Room (ER), Special Care Unit (SCU), and inpatient wards.
Coordinates care with specialists
- shall refer patients to appropriate contracted medical or other
government facilities, providing full clinical information for care
and diagnostic procedures that cannot be adequately provided
- Coordinates and integrates information obtained into the
ongoing health care program and assures the provision of timely
follow-up care as required.
Why Sanford Federal?
You can take pride in working for a company dedicated to serving
our government by providing the best, most cost-effective solutions
for the US Government. Our work helps the US Government secure our
nation, support the efforts of our military and intelligence
communities, and provide lifesaving medical services to our
soldiers, vets, and their families.
Please submit your most up-to-date resume. Please be sure to
highlight your relevant experience.
Sanford Federal is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all
qualified candidates to apply.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Sanford Federal, Los Angeles , Family Practice Physician, Healthcare , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!